EEK! I'm in love with these adorable Frankenstein Cookies with Peanut Butter Cup a fun cookie that everyone gets excited about.
Have you seen the green Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for Halloween? They taste exactly as you would expect a peanut butter cup to taste but the bottom is a creepy green color.
These treats make baking fun for the holiday and you can make them into Frankenstein Cookies with some candy eyes and black frosting.
Peanut Butter Halloween Cookies have always been a favorite from Witches Hat Cookies to Spider Cookies and so much more. But today I'm focusing on Frankenstein Cookies.
Welcome to 2022’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . This event is an online, week-long event that is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats and recipes from some fantastic Halloween loving bloggers!
For this years 5th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 20 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! You can following the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media to collect all of these frightful recipes to use at your own Halloween parties and events!
Shopping list of Ingredients
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose Flour, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Salt, Baking Soda and Baking Powder
Wet Ingredients. Creamy Peanut Butter, Egg, Vanilla Extract
Additional Ingredients. Green Reeses Peanut Butter Cups found with Halloween Candy, Candy Eyes, Black Gel Frosting in a tube
How to make Peanut Butter Monster Cookies
Take a few minutes to organize yourself, the kitchen and gather the needed ingredients and supplies. This is helpful for many reasons and will make your experience smoother.
Weighing ingredients with a kitchen scale is ideal to ensure consistency in baking. You can also measure with the stir, scoop and level method.
Stir ingredients like flour to add air into the ingredients. Carefully scoop into a measuring cup being careful to not shake measuring cup. Then level the top using a knife or flat edge.
Kitchen Supplies that are handy to have are baking sheets, cooling racks, mixing bowls, silicone spatula, hand mixer or stand mixer, measuring cups and measuring spoons. I also like to use parchment paper on cookie sheets for easy clean up.
Cookie Scoops are also very handy when making drop cookies to keep cookies the same size for baking.
Making Cookie Dough
In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer combine peanut butter, butter and white sugar. Cream ingredients together. Scrape down sides of bowl using a silicone scraper to fully mix ingredients together.
Cream for 2-3 minutes until mixture is light and fluff. Add egg, vanilla extract and brown sugar and mix ingredients together.
Add remaining dry ingredients including baking powder, baking soda and salt to cookie dough and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
Using a cookie medium size cookie scoop place dough balls on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
PRO TIP. Rolling peanut butter cookies into white sugar before baking helps the spread of cookie and creates a delicious crispy edge.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake cookies. Cookies are done when edges are set and center of cookies are puffy and no longer glossy.
Quickly place Green Reeses Peanut Butter Cup on hot cookie. The heat from the cookies will melt peanut butter cookies.
Allow cookies to cool a minute or two on baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
After a few minutes while melted chocolate is still soft to the touch place 2 candy eyes in place and allow cookies to cool completely.
When cookies have cooled use Black Gel Frosting to pipe a zig zag mouth and draw eyebrows.
Baking Sheets. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat for easy clean up.
Baking. Every oven bakes and heats a little differently. Bake a test batch of 1-3 cookies to test the baking time for your oven
Cookie Scoops. I have used a medium cookie scoop in these photos. It's a nice 3 bite size cookie.
Cooling Racks. Allowing cookies to fully cool on a cooling rack is best
Types of Peanut Butter
Choosing between a Creamy Peanut Butter and a Crunchy Peanut Butter comes down to personal preference. I like to use Jif Creamy Peanut Butter in baking.
Natural Peanut Butter is not recommend in baking. The extra natural oils can separate during baking and change the texture of the cookie.
Storage and Freezing
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container sealed removing as much air as possible. Cookies will stay fresh up to a week but are best if enjoyed within 3-4 days.
Freeze cookies up to 3 months when stored in a sealed container or ZipLoc Freezer Bag. Place a layer of parchment paper between layers to prevent sticking while freezing.
Frankenstein Reese s cookies are so fun, I promise all the kids (big and little) will come with smiles on their faces to grab this tasty treat.
Make Frankenstein Sugar Cookies using my soft Sugar Cookie Recipe and top with green peanut butter cup. Delicious.
Have you tried this Recipe?
Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear how you liked this cookie and so would other readers. Leave a star rating also helps Google know it's a great recipe too.
Tag @bestcookierecipes on social channels so I can see your cute cookies too. I can't wait to see them.
More Fun Halloween Cookies
Halloween Treats Week Recipes
- Skull Chicken Pot Pie from Big Bear's Wife
- Mushroom Skull Spaghetti from Semihomemade Recipes
- Mummy Cinnamon Rolls from Fresh April Flours
- Pumpkin Patch Focaccia from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spider Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Frankenstein Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups from Best Cookie Recipes
- Witch Hat Crescent Roll from Devour Dinner
- Chocolate Pretzel Owls from Savory Moments
- Candy Corn Hot Chocolate from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Deathly Hallows Blondies from Simply Inspired Meals
- Oozing Mummy Baked Brie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Halloween Pimento Cheese Brain Dip from Pastry Chef Online
- Eyeball Zucchini Pizza Bites from Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball from Take Two Tapas
- Pretzel Ghosts from Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Rice Krispy Treat Mummies from Jen Around the World
- Flying Purple People Eater Milkshakes from The Spiffy Cookie
Frankenstein Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar 100g
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour 150g
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Candy Eyes
- 32 Halloween Peanut Butter Cups
- Black Gel Frosting in tube
- Preheat Oven to 375 and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper
- Cream Softened Butter and Peanut Butter in large Stand Mixer or use a Hand Mixer. Scrape sides of bowl as needed
- Add ½ cup Sugar and Egg and Cream until light and fluffy about 2-3 minutes
- Add Brown Sugar and Vanilla and cream together
- In a separate bowl mix Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Baking Powder together
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time allowing ingredients to mix together before adding more.
- Use a Medium Cookie Scoop size #24. Roll cookie dough in reserved sugar to coat and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Do Not Over Bake
- Remove from oven and immediately place 1 Halloween Green Peanut Butter Cup on each cookie with green side up.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a minute or two before moving to a wire cooling rack
- Add Candy Corn Candy into soft Peanut Butter Cups for Frankenstein bolts in his neck
- Once cookies are cooled and peanut butter cups are set use black gel frosting to place candy eyes.
- Using black frosting draw zig zag eyebrows and mouth
- Store in sealed container for up to a week. Best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
Pro TipsBaking Sheets. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat for easy clean up. Baking. Every oven bakes and heats a little differently. Bake a test batch of 1-3 cookies to test the baking time for your oven Cookie Scoops. I have used a medium cookie scoop in these photos. It's a nice 3 bite size cookie. Cooling Racks. Allowing cookies to fully cool on a cooling rack is best
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.