These no-bake Love Bug Oreo Cookies are the perfect Valentine's Day treats! Classic Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, red candy melts, candy eyeballs, and love heart sprinkles are all you need for these fun treats!
Whether you love or hate Valentine's Day, you are sure to love these cute love bugs!
These no-bake cookies are the perfect way to say "Happy Valentine's Day" to your loved ones.
Oreo Love Bug Cookies are adaptable for other holidays too.
Simply use different colored melting wafers, or melted chocolate, for the coating.
Different kinds and colors of sprinkles are a great way to add variation to this recipe too!
Made with just 4 simple ingredients these cookies are so easy to make!
Dry Ingredients. Original Oreo Cookies
Candy. 48 Candy Eyeballs, Red Candy Wafers, Sprinkles
How to Make Love Bug Oreo Cookies
How to Melt Candy Wafers
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate candy melts in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Stir the wafers and continue to heat for an additional 30 seconds.
Wafers will be mostly melted. Stir together, allowing the residual heat to melt the remaining wafers. If they still aren't quite melted, put them back into the microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat as needed.
Decorate Love Bug Oreo Cookies
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper to place the cookies on once they have been decorated.
Dip each Oreo cookie into the melted red chocolate wafers so that you can cover ⅔ of each cookie neatly with a straight line to finish. Then place the dipped Oreos on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Sprinkle the heart-shaped sprinkles on cookies to decorate them. Alternatively, use mini chocolate chips to give them the look of a lady bug.
Dab a tiny amoutn of the melted candy onto the back of the candy eyeballs.
Place candy eyes onto the un-dipped portion of each cookie.
Allow the cookies to set and harden at room temperature before serving.
Storage & Freezing
Storage: Store cooled cookies in an air-tight container or a Ziploc bag for up to 7 days. Cookies are always best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
Substitutions & Variations
- Double Stuffed. Use double-stuffed Oreos if you want a more decadent tasty treat.
- Oreo Flavors. Use a different flavor of Oreo with other colored toppings for a completely different variation. Try the spicy Cinnamon Oreo cookies for a fall twist!
- Candy Eyes. If you can't find candy eyes you can use small dots of white icing with a smaller dot of black icing from one of those handy icing sets.
- Sprinkles. You don't have to use heart Valentine sprinkles for these cookies. You can use any kind of white, pink, or red sprinkles to keep them suitable for Valentine's Day.
- Melted Chocolate. Use melted white chocolate with a bit of red food coloring instead of wafers for the red candy coating if you prefer.
- Cookie Popsicles. Use cake pop sticks stuck into the Oreo creme to make cookie popsicles.
- Small batches. The melting wafers will harden quite quickly. You will have to add the sprinkles quite quickly in order for them to stick. I'd recommend decorating these cookies in batches of 3 or 4 so they're not left long enough to set before you add sprinkles.
- Glue. You can use a small amount of red melted wafers to secure the candy eyes, but you can also use melted white chocolate or a simple icing mix of powdered sugar and water.
Have you tried this Love Bug Oreo Cookies recipe?
Let me know what you thought of these little love bugs! Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media so I can see how great your cookies turned out! I would also love to read your comments below. Let me know what you think of these cookies. It really does help!
More Great Valentine's Day Recipe Ideas
- Red Hots Cookies
- Root Beer Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars with Pink Frosting
- Pink Swig Sugar Cookies
- Easy Air Fryer Sugar Cookies
Love Bug Oreos Cookies
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- Candy Melts Red Wafers
- 48 Candy Eyeballs
How to Melt Candy Wafers
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt the Chocolate Candy Melts in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir Wafers and continue to heat for additional 30 seconds.
- Wafers will be mostly melted. Stir together allowing the residual heat to melt the remaining Wafers. If additional time is needed add 15 seconds and stir. Repeat as needed.
Making Valentine Oreos Cookies
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper to place cookies on once decorated.
- Dip each Oreo Cookie into melted Red Candy Wafers covering ⅔ of the cookie and place dipped Oreo on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle Holiday Sprinkles on cookies to decorate or use Mini Chocolate Chips to decorate as lady bugs
- Using a dab of Melted Candy Wafer attach the Candy Eyeballs on the un-dipped portion of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to set and harden before serving.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.