Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies, soft and chewy and a beautiful deep red cookie is sure to entice you to come back for more!
Easy recipe to make using only a few ingredients and I love the chewy texture of this Red Velvet Cookie Recipe. I love the added white chocolate chips which makes these cookies a polk-a-dot of fun in every bite.
Cake Mix cookies are a quick and easy cookie to make. You will have about 24 cookies which is an ideal small batch recipe and feel free to freeze any extras to save for another day.
This is a short shopping list as you may not have all the ingredients at home but it's still very affordable to purchase.
Red Velvet Cake Mix: Using a box of cake mix to make cookies eliminates the need for all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. You also won't need any vanilla extract or red coloring either.
Vegetable Oil: I like to use vegetable oil or Canola Oil when baking cookies.
Eggs: Adding a couple eggs gives the recipe nice texture.
White Chocolate Chips: Optional but a great added bonus to a delicious Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
How to make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Making Cake Mix Cookies are so easy to throw together. So let's get started.
In a large mixing bowl combine Cake Mix with oil and eggs using a hand mixer. Start on low speed until ingredients are combined and gradually increase speed.
Once the dough is formed hand stir white chocolate chips into the batter. Reserve a few chips to place on top of each cookie before baking. It just adds a pretty polk-a-dot look.
Scoop cookie dough using a medium #24 cookie scoop and place on a well greased baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
Allow cookies to cool before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
As with most of my cookie recipes you will need about the same supplies. Here are my favorites
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- Cooling Rack
- Cookie Scoop
Red Velvet Cake Cookies are also delicious with milk chocolate chips too as well as leaving the chips out and enjoying plain. You might also enjoy my Red Velvet Sandwich Cookie Recipe too.
Use a Cookie Scoop to get uniform cookies. The Small and Medium #24 are my favorite sizes and I use most often. After baking use the back of a spoon to gently round the outer edges of hot cookies to form a perfect circle cookie.
Cake Mix Cookie Dough can be very sticky. Don't worry. If you feel it's too sticky, chill dough in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes before scooping and baking.
Cake Mix Cookies are very versatile, meaning you can use any flavor of cake mix you wish. I used a Betty Crocker Cake Mix which is 16.5 ounces. But any standard cake mix will work.
- Always store Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies in a sealed container. Placing a piece of parchment paper between stacked cookies is always a great idea.
- Add a piece of bread inside the container to add freshness and keep cookies soft
- Cookies are best when enjoyed within 2-4 days of being baked
- Can be frozen up to 3 months
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer combine cake mix with eggs and oil. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are combined and gradually increase speed.
- Hand stir 1 cup of white chocolate chips into cookie dough
- Using a cookie scoop or spoons drop cookies onto a parchment lined or well greasesd cookie sheet
- Add additional chips ontop before baking by pressing into individually cookies
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Do not over bake.
- Allow cookies to cool for a couple minutes on baking sheet before removing to cool to a wire cooling rack.
- Store cookies in a sealed container for up to a week. Best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.