S'mores marshmallow treat roasted over a fire, a summer dessert everyone loves. Let's make a Peanut Butter S'mores Cookie Sandwich to enjoy at your next picnic, family gathering, or evening social. It's a winning recipe.
I don't know about you, but I love this fun treat I just don't care for the fire or smoke needed to create such a great dessert. This is why I love making a S'more Sandwich Cookie and it's even better when using Peanut Butter cookies.
Can you even imagine a toasted marshmallow treat with a rich chocolate ganache sandwich cookie? Well, you are about to experience it yourself.
I used my Classic Peanut Butter Cookie recipe for the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies imaginable. Make sure to not over bake these cookies. I love a good chewy cookie recipe.
Marshmallow fluff is a gooey marshmallow center and then perfectly toast in the oven. Top with rich chocolate ganache. Mmmm, I'm drooling over this creation.
Shopping List for Smores Cookie Recipe
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose Flour, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Soda and Baking Powder
Wet Ingredients. Peanut Butter, Butter, Egg, and Vanilla Extract
Marshmallow and Chocolate.
Marshmallow Fluff, Chocolate Chips and Heavy Cream
How to make Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies
Making Smores Peanut Butter Cookies is really pretty easy. Let's first start with making an Old Fashioned soft and chewy Peanut Butter Cookie.
I'm a little partial to my own recipe, it's a standard recipe you will find from many. It's a classic cookie recipe. I won't bore you with all the details but you can check out my Peanut Butter Cookie recipe with all the tips and tricks if you need them.
They use all the common ingredients like granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Soda, Egg and vanilla.
Allow cookies to cool completely before spreading or pipe Marshmallow fluff on half the cookies. Make sure to spread on the bottom side of the cookie. Trust me, it helps!
Then pop those cookies into the oven under broil for 1-2 minutes or until the tops are toasty and golden. Don't over cook. There is no need. Just get the marshmallow melted.
In a separate bowl combine milk chocolate chips or semi sweet with heavy cream and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir mixture together. If chocolate chips aren't all melted, heat for another 15 seconds and stir.
Continue this until you have a thick and delicious ganache.
Spread 1-2 tablespoons of ganache right on top of the toasted marshmallow. Then top with a peanut butter cookie.
Genius! A Smores cookie sandwich recipe that is a keeper.
Let's change it up just a bit and try this recipe using my Chocolate Drop Cookie recipe instead of Peanut Butter Cookies. Chocolate heaven if you ask me!
Or use my Vanilla Cookie which is soft and chewy for a more traditional flavor.
Then top with a peanut butter cup or a Ghirardelli Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Square instead of making chocolate ganache. YUM!
Are you drooling yet? Because I am and I'm ready to try all the combinations.
Chocolate, Graham Crackers, and Marshmallows are such an iconic flavor combination you will find them in many recipes and served in a variety of ways.
Make this fun dip for a crowd using Hershey's Kisses and mini marshmallows. Use graham cracker pieces to dip into it, or try making Sheet Pan S'mores in the Oven and heat to golden brown. It's a quick way to make a lot.
It's difficult to pin point who created these fun dessert treats. But I found these fun facts when searching and wanted to share a little trivia with you.
In 1927 a Girl Scout Handbook published S'mores Dessert calling it "Some Mores". It was a toasted marshmallow sandwiched between two graham crackers. And many today still search for the Smores Girl Scout Cookies Recipe.
It's estimated that about 90 million pounds of marshmallows are sold every year. Half of the marshmallows sold in the summer month are believed to be roasted.
Marshmallows don't need to be roasted over a fire to become toasted. They can also be grilled, microwaved, broiled, or even use a kitchen torch.
Did you know that Marshmallows toast faster on a metal rod or coat hanger over a wooden stick? And coals tend to cook marshmallows more evenly than an open flame. The S'more's Cookbook claims this to be true.
However you choose to make this fun and tasty treat I sure hope you enjoy it with friends and/or family. Making memories is the BEST!
S'mores Cookie Sandwich will soon be a favorite requested cookie recipe in your home too.
Storage and Freezing
Cookies are best served chilled in my opinion and stored for up to a week. Best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
Freeze cookies by placing in a sealed container for up to 3 months. Allow cookies to thaw before enjoying.
Pro Baking Tips
Baking Sheet. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat to prevent sticking
Room Temperature Ingredients. Softened Butter and Room Temperature Egg is best. Allow butter and egg to sit out for 1 hour before mixing ingredients together.
Measurements. Weigh ingredients using a kitchen scale whenever possible. This is an ideal way to ensure proper measurements and consistent baking.
Rolling in Sugar. I love to roll cookies in sugar. I find that the cookies flatten less and you get a nice sweet crispy outside of the cookie too.
Baking Time. Cookies need only baked until the edges are set and center is no longer glossy. Over baking cookies will result in dry hard cookies. Cookies will continue to bake as they cool on cookie sheet.
S'mores Cookie Sandwich
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar Divided
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 7 ounces Marshmallow Fluff 1 container
- ½ cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat Oven to 375 and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper
- Cream Softened Butter and Peanut Butter in large Stand Mixer or use a Hand Mixer. Scrape sides of bowl as needed
- Add ½ cup Sugar and Egg and Cream until light and fluffy about 2-3 minutes
- Add Brown Sugar and Vanilla and cream together
- In a separate bowl mix Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Add Flour Mixture to Butter Mixture and mix to combine
- Use a Medium Cookie Scoop size #24. Roll cookie dough in reserved sugar to coat and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Using the back of a fork place Hash Marks into dough allowing cookie dough to spread slightly
- Rotate fork 90 degrees and place hash marks creating a criss cross on top
- Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Do Not Over Bake
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 1 minute
- Move cookies to cooling rack to fully cool.
- Spread marshmallow fluff on 18 cookies
- Toast marshmallow fluff in oven under broil for 1-2 minutes or until toasted
- In a separate bowl combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Heat for additional 15 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate ganache over toasted marshmallow fluff and top with cookie
- Store cookies in refrigerator in sealed container for up to a week. Best if enjoyed within 2-3 days