Fun and Friendly Halloween M&M Cookies are monsters in disguise. A loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe made with butter, sugars, and Halloween Ghoul M&M's in bright fun and spooky colors.
Soft centers with a hint of crisp in every bites makes this cookie recipe a favorite to bite into. Add chocolate chips (optional) with Halloween M&Ms for a perfect balance of chocolate in every cookie.
For fun I've added candy eyeballs to the cookies before baking. And instantly each cookie is transformed into a fun and friendly Halloween Monster Cookie.
Make sure to press some extra M&M Candies on top of each cookie scoop before baking for a perfect monster presentation.
M&M Halloween Cookies Ingredients
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Vanilla Extract, Egg
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose flour, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt
Chocolate. M & M Halloween Ghoul Candies, Chocolate Chips (Optional)
How to make Halloween Cookie Dough
This recipe is a favorite and easy to make into a fun Halloween Cookie dough. Gather the ingredients needed along with a few supplies like mixing bowls, baking sheets, hand mixer, measuring cups and measuring spoons.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer cream together softened butter and granulated sugar and cream for 5 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl as needed to combine ingredients.
As butter is creamed with sugar it will turn a pale yellow and be whipped with air to be light and fluffy
Mix in Egg, Vanilla Extract and brown sugar and continue to cream ingredients for another 2-3 minutes.
Add remaining dry ingredients of flour, baking soda and salt a little at a time until fully combined. Do not over mix.
Hand stir Ghoul Mix Milk Chocolate Candies and Chocolate Chips (optional) into cookie dough using a large spoon.
Using a cookie scoop drop cookie dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use a silicone mat. Place dough 2 inches apart for baking.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Add a few extra M&M candies on top along with a few candy eyes randomly on cookie dough. As cookies bake and spread the candy eyes will settle in place to create a fun monster cookie.
Cookies are done and can be removed from oven when edges are set. Allow cookies to cool completely before storage.
Storage and Freezing
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to a week. Cookies are best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
Frozen cookies can be stored in a sealed container for up to 3 months. Place parchment paper between stacked layers to prevent sticking.
Chocolate. Chocolate Chips are optional. Substitute White Chocolate, Peanut Butter chips or your favorite.
M&M Candies. Any holiday M&M could be substituted for a fun sweet treat
Additions. Adding Candy Corn candies to this recipe would also be delicious and fun. Make sure candy corns are not touching baking sheet while baking or they will melt.
Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, a tasty cookie
What makes a good cookie? Does it have a soft center, crispy edges, chewy? Each are great qualities of a cookie. To make perfect cookies every time here are my tips.
Weighing Ingredients. Baking is a science and adding too much or too little ingredients will alter the recipe. Weighing and measuring dry ingredients properly makes a world of difference. Invest in a kitchen scale is ideal. When a kitchen scale is not available make sure to stir and lift ingredients before scooping into measuring cup.
Cookie Scoop. Using a cookie scoop keeps each ball of cookie dough the same size which is essential for baking. I have used a medium cookie scoop in these photos.
Baking Sheets. Baking sheets can be ungreased. I like to use Parchment Paper liners or a Silicone Mat for easy clean up.
Baking Time. Every oven heats a little differently. I recommend doing a test batch of 1-3 cookies to test the baking time for a perfectly baked cookie before baking the remaining dough.
Cookies. Cookies are perfectly baked when edges are set and centers are no longer glossy.
Cooling Rack. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a minute or two before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cookies for Halloween
Hosting a Halloween Party? Try making a Halloween Charcuterie Board loaded with Halloween Cookie Recipes. You might enjoy these fun orange Halloween Cookies or my Candy Corn Cookie Recipe. Of course everyone loves a Brownie Mummy or a Nutter Butter Mummy Cookie.
M&M Recipes are always a hit from cookies to bars. Rest assured these cookies will be gobbled up by all your little monsters.
Not to confuse you, because I love love this recipe. I've been using this recipe since I was a teenager. It's always perfect and always a great cookie recipe.
Recently I have fell in love with using a pudding mix in cookie recipes. The cookies are so soft and so delicious. Try my Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Recipes and add Ghoul M&M's and candy eyes.
It won't disappoint, I promise.
Have you tried Halloween M&M Cookies recipe?
Let me know what you thought of this recipe! Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media so I can see how cute your cookies are. I would also love to read your comments below. Let others know what you thought of these spooky cookies. It really does help!
More Halloween Cookie Recipes can be found in my Halloween Collections
Welcome to 2022’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . This event is an online, week-long event that is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats and recipes from some fantastic Halloween loving bloggers!
For this years 5th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 20 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! You can following the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media to collect all of these frightful recipes to use at your own Halloween parties and events!
Halloween Treats Week Recipes
- Jack and Sally Sugar Cookies from Fresh April Flours
- Count Chocula Hot Chocolate from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Halloween M&M Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats from Devour Dinner
- Vampire Bat Marshmallow Pops from Savory Moments
- Easy Pull Apart Pumpkin Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Stranger Things Waffle Cake from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Halloween Popcorn Snack Mix from The Speckled Palate
- Halloween Layered Brownies from For the Love of Food
- Bloody Poke Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Boo! A Halloween Pancake Board from A Good Life
Halloween M&M Monster Cookies
- 10.5 Tablespoon Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar 100g
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar Plus 3 Tablespoons
- 1 Egg Large
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour Plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1 ½ Cup M&M's Divided
- Candy Eyes Large and Small eyes
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Cream together softened Butter and Granulated Sugar. Scrape sides of bowl as needed and cream until light and fluffy
- Add egg and mix until combined. Then add Brown Sugar and Vanilla and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Salt
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture until combined
- Hand mix 1 cup of M&M Candies
- Using a medium size #50 cookie scoop place cookie scoop on ungreased baking sheet.
- Press 3 or 4 M&M candies into top of cookie dough before baking. Press Candy Eyes both large and small randomly on cookie dough
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until edges are set and top is no longer glossy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for a minute before moving to a wire cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an air tight container for up to a week. Freeze for up to 3 months