Spooky and delicious Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are a real treat! Scare those little monsters with these tasty Halloween Treats a sugar cookie bar sheet pan loaded with bright frosting and sprinkles.
Halloween Dessert Bars a quick recipe that are sure fun too. This soft sugar cookie bar recipe has been a fan favorite and I make for all the holidays.
They are super soft and truly my favorite cookie recipe. But what makes these bar cookies freakishly fun is adding spooky sprinkles and candy eyes.
It's a little bit of holiday magic in this tasty sugar cookie bar.
Shopping List for Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
Dry Ingredients. Granulated Sugar, Powdered Sugar, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Vegetable Oil, Vanilla Extract
Other Ingredients. Halloween Sprinkles, Candy Eyes
Frosting. Butter, Coconut Oil, Powdered Sugar, Extract, Heavy Whipping Cream, Food Gel Coloring
How to make Spooky Halloween Bars
Gather the ingredients, clean the kitchen, and find all the needed kitchen supplies. These cookies are quick and easy to make. Let's get started.
Make the cookie dough use a large mixing bowl and an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer and cream together softened butter and granulated sugar.
Butter is softened properly when it has sat on the counter for about an hour. Butter that has turned to mush is too soft and you will want to put it back into the refrigerator.
Cream butter and sugar together for a couple minutes making sure to scrap down sides of mixing bowl.
Add egg and vanilla extract until combined. Then drizzle vegetable oil into mixture. Add powdered sugar and scrape down the sides of the bowl one last time.
Gradually add remaining dry ingredients into cookie dough until all combined. Cookie dough does not need to be chilled. It is a soft texture dough and it's delicious when baked.
Fun Tip. Add Halloween Sprinkles to the cookie dough before baking. It's a fun added surprise once the cookie bars are cut.
Separate cookie dough in half and add food coloring to each portion. I've used purple and green for Halloween. Choose Black, Orange, Green, Purple or any color you choose.
Use a quarter baking sheet which is about 9x13 inches. Press one portion of cookie dough into a sprayed cookie sheet or baking dish. Use cooking spray or avocado spray. I prefer to line with a piece of parchment paper too for ease of lifting bar cookie out after it's cooled.
For 2nd layer drop small pieces evenly over baking sheet them press with fingers or use the back of a spoon to evenly spread cookie dough over first layer.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. Cookies are done when edges turn a very slight golden brown color and center is set. Quickly remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Making Sugar Cookie Bar Frosting
Frosting for pan sugar cookies is a quick and easy recipe. I like to use my stand mixer so I am hands free. A hand mixer will also work great.
In a mixing bowl combine softened butter and coconut oil and cream until smooth. Add measured powdered sugar until combined.
Frosting will be very thick. Adding in vanilla extract and gel coloring until the perfect spooky color is reached is next.
Followed by heavy whipping cream. Drizzle a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Spread frosting over cooled Halloween Cookie Bars and top with Halloween Sprinkles and candy eyes for fun.
More Sugar Cookie Bars for Holidays
Baking Sheets. Line Cookie Sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat for easy clean up. This also helps to lift bar cookies out easily.
Measuring Ingredients. A kitchen scale is ideal and provides the most consistent baking. Adding too much or too little ingredients will change the outcome of the cookie taste and texture.
|All Purpose Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Bread Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Granulated Sugar||1 Cup||7 Ounces||200 Grams|
|Brown Sugar||1 Cup||7½ Ounces||213 Grams|
|Confectionary Sugar||1 Cup||4 Ounces||113 Grams|
I have a few substitutions you might like.
Almond Extract is a great option for Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Frosting for a Butter Cream Frosting
Additional Candies. Use Ghoul M&M Candies or Candy Corns for a Halloween Decorated Sugar Cookie look.
Mmmmm, spooky and fun these Halloween Bars Recipe are a keeper and I hope you love them too. Please leave a comment below and let me know how you loved them. Others love to read your comments too!
Please tag @bestcookierecipes with your photos on social media so I can see those too. I can't wait.
Enjoy these super easy soft and chewy bar cookie recipe. I always love sugar cookie bars because I can whip them out quickly and feed a crowd.
More Halloween Cookie Recipes found in my Halloween Collection
- M&M Monster Cookies
- Frankenstein Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups
- Hocus Pocus Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mummy Brownies
Halloween Sugar Cookie Bar
- ¾ Cup Butter Softened
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar 150g
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar 95g
- 6 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Plus 1 yolk
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 3 Cup All Purpose Flour 360g
- Gel Food Coloring Purple, Green, Orange (choose 2)
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 4 Cup Powdered Sugar 500g
- 2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Gel Food Color Purple, Green, Orange (Choose 1)
- Halloween Sprinkles optional
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Line ¼ size baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with baking spray
- In a large bowl or using a stand mixer cream butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Drizzle Vegetable Oil in mixture and combine then add Powdered Sugar and mix throughly
- Add Egg and Vanilla Extract
- Combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Cream of Tartar and Baking soda to butter mixture and mix to combine
- Separate cookie dough into 2 equal parts. Color each portion a different Halloween color. Orange, Green or Purple
- Press one portion into ¼ size cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Press 2nd portion of cookie dough on top of first layer and spread evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-21 minutes. Edges will turn a light golden color when baked
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and coconut oil
- Add Powdered sugar until combined. Mixture will be thick
- Add Almond Extract and Gel coloring until desired color is achieved
- Drizzle Heavy Whipping Cream a little at a time until desired consistency is reached
- Spread frosting on cooled sugar cookie bars
- Sprinkle Halloween Sprinkles on top of frosting
- Cut into 24 bars. 4 rows by 6 rows
StorageStore cookie bars in sealed container for up to 1 week. Sugar Cookie Bars are best if enjoyed within 2-3 days. Freeze - Freeze Sugar Cookie Bars in sealed container placing parchment paper between layers. Freeze for up to 3 months
|All Purpose Flour||1 Cup||4 ½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Bread Flour||1 Cup||4 ½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Granulated Sugar||1 Cup||7 Ounces||200 Grams|
|Brown Sugar||1 Cup||7 ½ Ounces||213 Grams|
|Confectionary Sugar||1 Cup||8 Ounces||130 Grams|
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.