Pecan Pie Bars a delicious shortbread crust topped with the gooey goodness of Pecan Pie Filling. A favorite Pecan Dessert recipe year round.
Pecan Bars are just stupid simple to make which makes me wonder why I didn't try them sooner in my life. I adore Pecan Pie and it's a must have recipe to serve around the winter holidays.
Making Pecan Squares is like having a best friend to that traditional recipe a friend you never knew you needed. What I'm saying is, make this recipe. It's tested and works perfectly every time.
This recipe is inspired by Land o Lakes Butter and a delicious recipe if you ask me. I've added a few tips to help you make them too. Let's get started.
Ingredients for Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose Flour, Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar and Salt
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Dark Corn Syrup, Eggs, Vanilla Extract
Nuts. Pecans of course! Whole or Chopped Pecans it won't matter for this recipe.
How to make Pecan Bars Recipe
Let's start with the shortbread crust. In a bowl combine Butter, granulated sugar, and flour together. Using a pastry cutter or hand mixer on low speed mix ingredients together to resemble coarse crumbs.
The mixture will be fine in texture but when pressed together in your hand will hold together. This will create a perfect base.
Hand stir chopped pecans into mixture and press mixture into an un-greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven.
In a separate bowl combine Brown Sugar, Flour and Salt together. Then add Corn Syrup, Eggs and Vanilla Extract and mix together using a large spoon.
Pour mixture over partially baked crust and spread evenly. Bake to finish cooking until center is set. A knife can be inserted into the center to test for doneness.
Allow bars to cooled completely before cutting into bite size squares are larger desserts.
Room Temperature Ingredients. Always use room temperature butter and egg. What does this mean? Well, I recommend taking butter out of the refrigerator for 1 hour. Butter should still be firm to the touch but you should be able to leave an indention.
Baking Sheet. I use a silver baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased with a cooking spray.
Baking Time. Do not over bake. The crust does not need to be golden.
Weighing Ingredients. When baking do not add more or less of an ingredient than the recipe calls for. Use a kitchen scale to weigh and measure ingredients for the most consistent baking.
Cut Bars. Chill Pecan Pie Bars in refrigerator overnight before cutting to get a nice clean edge cut. Chilled bars will slice easier than room temperature bars.
Storage and Freezing
Store cooled bar cookies covered with plastic wrap or in a sealed container for up to 1 week. Bar Cookies best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
Pecan Pie Bars can also be frozen for up to 3 months when properly sealed and stored. Wrap bars in plastic wrap and seal in a container or a ZipLoc Bag.
Thaw frozen bars on counter before enjoying.
Easy Pecan Dessert
I honestly feel like making a Pecan Pie is also easy, but a Bar Cookie Recipe is perfect for other times of year when a pie is just a little much to serve.
Slice into small squares for easy bite size treats or cut them larger and enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Caramel Pecan. You can always take it a step further and add a dollop of Homemade Whipped Cream and maybe a drizzle of caramel too. Is your mouth watering yet?
Maple Pecan. How about Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream with a drizzle of Maple Syrup. Your own Maple Pecan Dessert.
Can you make Pecan Pie Bars in Advance?
Yes, in fact I suggest making them a day before you want to enjoy them so they have time to cool and set up. Follow directions and make bars and allow to cool on counter. Then place in refrigerator overnight.
When ready to serve cut bars into squares and arrange on a plate. Enjoy!
Do Pecan Pie Squares need to be refrigerated?
No, Pecan Pie Bar Recipe does not need to be refrigerated to be stored. I like to chill bars so they set firm before slicing which makes it easier to get those nice square edges.
When serving with Ice Cream or Heavy Cream that is whipped I prefer to serve at room temperature or even heated up a little bit.
Every family seems to have their own Holiday Traditions and I love celebrating those moments. Pecan Pie Bars may seem like a Fall Recipe but there are no rules to say you can't enjoy these delicious bars anytime of year. In fact, they are wonderful at Easter served on a dessert brunch tray.
It's an elegant dessert that adults love. Don't wait for the Fall or Winter celebrations to enjoy these fun and delicious bar cookies, trust me. It's a keeper recipe.
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Wednesday #FallFlavor Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Bourbon Cocktail from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian from Our Crafty Cocktails
Breakfasts and Breads
- Apple Pie Pancakes from Magical Ingredients
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce from An Affair from the Heart
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal from Jolene's Recipe Journal
Mains and Sides
- Chicken Parm Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chicken Sausage with Apples from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Roasted Whole Butternut Squash from Jen Around the World
- Sauerkraut with Tomato Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Walnuts from Devour Dinner
- Caramel Apple Pie from Sweet Beginnings
- Easy Apple Pie Cake from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake from Blogghetti
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding from Hostess At Heart
- Maple Brown Sugar Cookies with Candied Sage from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mock Apple Ritz Cracker Pie from Art of Natural Living
- Pecan Butter Cookies from Books n' Cooks
- Pecan Pie Bars from Best Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Caramel Trifle Mason Jar Dessert from Our Crafty Mom
Follow the Favorite Fall Recipes Facebook group and follow the Favorite Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall inspiration!
- 1 ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Butter
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Pecans Chopped
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar
- 6 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 4 Eggs Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¾ Cup Pecan Pieces rough chopped
- In a large mixing bowl combine All Purpose Flour, sugar and butter.
- Use a hand mixer on low speed to combine ingredients. Ingredients will clump together but not hold a shape
- Hand mix in chopped pecans and stir to combine
- Spray 9x13 baking dish or line with parchment paper. Press crust crumbs into bottom of baking dish into an even layer.
- TIP: Crumb mixture will hold together when pressed and will break apart into crumbs just as easy.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until edges turn a light golden.
- In a large bowl combine Brown Sugar, Flour and Salt together. Add dark corn syrup eggs and vanilla extract and stir to combine
- Add chopped pecans and stir
- Pour mixture over hot baked crust and evenly distribute nuts throughout filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 27-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the bars comes out clean.
- Allow bar cookies to fully cool before cutting or slicing.
- Slice Pecan Pie Bars.
Submit a Comment