Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookie Bars are pure heaven with every bite. A soft and delicious Sugar Cookie Bar Recipe topped with a Lemon Cream Cheese Curd Topping with added Strawberries mixed right in and topped with a fresh Strawberry and lemon slice.Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
If I could dream a perfect Summer day, it would always include Lemons and Strawberries in some fashion. Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookie Sheet Pan Bars are a refreshing dessert and I love sharing with friends and neighbors.
The soft sugar cookie base makes all the difference and I'm using my favorite Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe. It's a stable recipe in my book and I use it often because it's just that good.
The bright vibrant colors don't need any food coloring. Fresh Strawberries are the key to making this recipe perfectly pink.
Shopping List of Ingredients
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose flour, Granulated Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda
Liquids. Egg, Vegetable Oil, Vanilla Extract, Lemon Juice
Butter, Lemon Zest
Fruit. Strawberries and Lemons slices.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Scoop
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Hand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Cooling Rack
- Parchment Paper
How to make Strawberry Lemonade Bars
Making a soft and delicious Sugar Cookie Bar is really simple. Grab the needed ingredients, and supplies and lets gets started. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl cream softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy scraping sides of the bowl as needed. Add egg and powdered sugar and continue mixing. Adding vegetable oil a little at a time making sure it's fully combined before adding more is best.
Using a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, and Cream of Tartar and stir to combine.
Add about ½ of the dry ingredients making sure they fully combine with butter mixture. Then add freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract to cookie dough.
Spray ¼ size baking sheet with baking spray or line with parchment paper and press cookie dough into pan making sure its evenly spread across entire baking sheet.
When bar cookies have fully baked the edges will be slightly golden brown in color. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
For cream cheese topping, combine soften cream cheese, Lemon Curd and strawberry puree and mix using a hand mixer.
Puree ½ cup of diced strawberries and add it to cream cheese mixture for a lovely pink color and added strawberry flavor. Mmm, it's so good. Mixture can be stored in refrigerator until ready to use.
Spread cream cheese mixture on cooled sugar cookie bars. Slice into 2x2inch bars to serve and top with a strawberry slice and a quarter of a lemon slice as garnish.
A Delicious Tasty Strawberry Lemonade Bars
I just love these cookies, they are so refreshing and delicious and remind me a little bit of a Dessert Pizza. Enjoying Summer Cookies and bars is always delicious. This recipe is wonderful at a Mother's Brunch or to share with the neighbors just because.
Just remember to not over bake the cookie crust.
Lemon Curd is easily made and I prefer homemade over store bought. The recipe calls for eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. It's really pretty simple and takes about 20 mins to make.
I've used the Lemon Curd Recipe from Devour Dinner, my sister site that has all the tips and tricks to making this delicious dessert.a Rafflecopter giveaway
How to store and Freeze Strawberry Lemonade Cookie Bars
Store Bars covered and chilled in refrigerator for up to a week.
Sheet Pan Cookie can be frozen for up to 3 months when properly stored and sealed in a container. Cream Cheese topping does not freeze well. I suggest making it fresh and adding it to pre-made frozen sheet pan cookie bars.
Rodelle Extract and LaTourangelle Baking Spray
In this recipe I used both Rodelle Vanilla Extract and LaTourangelle Baking Spray. Both of these products are fantastic. The Vanilla Extract has a wonderful rich flavor that truly adds to this recipe as I'm sure it will add to others as well.
Tralarangelle Baking Spray is a product I've used before and have been very impressed. The cookie bars easily lift out of the baking sheet which is so helpful and ideal. Their products are truly excellent.
Thursday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Chess Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Dump Cake by The Fresh Cooky
- Easy Peasy Lemon Cookies by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by An Affair From The Heart
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Jen Around The World
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar 100g
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar 65g
- 1 Egg Large
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour 240g
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Lemon Curd
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- ½ Cup Strawberry Pureed
- Strawberries Sliced
- Lemons Sliced
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl cream softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy scraping sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add egg and powdered sugar and continue mixing.
- Adding vegetable oil a little at a time making sure it's fully combined before adding more is best
- Using a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, and Cream of Tartar and stir to combine.
- Add about ½ of the dry ingredients making sure they fully combine with butter mixture.
- Then add freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract to cookie dough.
- Spray ¼ size baking sheet with baking spray or line with parchment paper and press cookie dough into pan making sure its evenly spread across entire baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 22-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to fully cool
- For cream cheese topping, combine soften cream cheese, Lemon Curd and pureed strawberries. Mix until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Spread over top of sugar cookie bar
- Garnish with strawberry and lemon slices
- 2 count Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 2oz Almond Extract
- 4oz Natural Baker’s Extract
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- 8oz Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 25oz Organic Baking Cocoa
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Walnut Oil
- Regenerative Sunflower Oil
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- Fleur de Sel Almond Butter
Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookie Bars
Strawberry Cream Cheese Curd Topping
How to store and Freeze Strawberry Lemonade Cookie BarsStore Bars covered and chilled in refrigerator for up to a week. Sheet Pan Cookie can be frozen for up to 3 months when properly stored and sealed in a container. Cream Cheese topping does not freeze well. I suggest making it fresh and adding it to pre-made frozen sheet pan cookie bars.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #LemonWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Rodelle Prize Pack
Rodelle Prize Pack includes:
Prize #2: La Tourangelle Prize Pack
La Tourangelle Prize Pack includes:
Terms and conditions: This #LemonWeek is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle which starts 5/23/2022 and ends 6/3/2022 at 11:59pm ET. Enter to win a prize pack from Rodelle or La Tourangelle that include baking and cooking ingredients. This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years or older in the United States. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Two (2) winners will be selected and sent prize packages directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #LemonWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #LemonWeek posts or entry.