Lemon and Blueberries are a match made in heaven with these Lemon Blueberry Cookies topped with a Lemon Glaze Icing. Sweet, tangy and delicious in every bite made with fresh blueberries. I know you will go back for more.Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
A sweet sugar cookie recipe with a lemon twist makes this recipe truly a recipe to keep for generations to come. I'm going to show you exactly how I make this fun cookie recipe step by step. With added lemon zest your lips will lick your fingers clean and go back for more.
I've always loved blueberries but the marriage between Lemon and Blueberries is as good as Peanut Butter and Jelly! So let's dive in and get making some Lemon Zest cookies!
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose flour, Granulated Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda
Liquids. Egg, Vegetable Oil, Vanilla Extract, Lemon Juice
Butter, Lemon Zest
Fruit. Fresh Blueberries
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Scoop
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Hand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Cooling Rack
- Parchment Paper
I always recommend measuring dry ingredients by weighing them. This is the most accurate way when it comes to measuring ingredients. Using a quality kitchen scale makes all the difference in my kitchen and I hope you will invest in one too.
I love knowing my cookies will always turn out perfect because my ingredients are a perfect weight every time.
How to make Blueberry Lemonade Cookie
In a large mixing bowl cream softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy scraping sides of the bowl as needed. Add egg and powdered sugar and continue mixing. Gradually add vegetable oil a little at a time making sure it's fully combined before adding more.
Using a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, and Cream of Tartar and stir to combine.
Add about ½ of the dry ingredients making sure they fully combine with butter mixture. Then add freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract to cookie dough.
Add remaining dry ingredients until combined. Dough will soft. Hand stir in fresh blueberries.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheat oven to 350 degree for 7-9 minutes until edges are just barely golden and centers are set. There is no need to chill the dough
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a minute or two before removing cookies to a rack to cool completely.
To make a Lemon glaze, combine powdered sugar with butter and add lemon juice and zest. Glaze should be thin and easily drizzle on cooled cookies.
Fresh Lemon Juice is always best and will produce delicious lemon flavor. Bottled Lemon Juice can be used in this recipe if needed.a Rafflecopter giveaway
In this recipe I used Rodelle Vanilla Extract and I truly loved the rich flavor Rodelle Extract added to one of my favorite cookie recipes.
I'm excited to try it in future recipes as I found this extract to be excellent quality.
I have to say that I was very excited that Latourangelle is a sponsors for Lemon Week. I've used their sprays before and have loved them. In this recipe I sprayed the cookie sheet with Latourangelle Baking Spray. A light coating is all you need for these blue berry cookies to slide off the baking sheet.
How to Store Recipe for Lemon Blueberry Cookies
Blueberry Lemon Cookies with a drizzle of Lemon glaze Icing can be stored in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Freeze. Store Cookies in a sealed container using parchment paper to separate layers and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen cookies on counter before serving.
The recipe calls for Fresh Blueberries but frozen blueberries could also be used. Hand stir in frozen berries to cookie dough and bake.
Line Baking sheets with parchment paper or grease with cookie spray
Friday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Sweet Rolls by Fresh April Flours
- Grilled Chicken Piccata by Palatable Pastime
- Creamy Lemon Smoothie Recipe by Blogghetti
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Tarragon Salmon by Art Of Natural Living
- Meyer Lemon Vanilla Shortbread Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Poppy Seed Thumb Print Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Pasta by Devour Dinner
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Tea Bread by The Freshman Cook
- Homemade Lemon Cake by Simply Inspired Meals
- Italian Lemon Ricotta Cake by The Fresh Cooky
- Lemony Shrimp Pasta by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Crumb Muffins with Lemon Glaze by An Affair From The Heart
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken by Jen Around The World
- Lemon Ice Cream by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake by Home Cooked Harvest
- Grilled Lemon Herb Flatbread by That Recipe
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake by The Redhead Baker
- Oven Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken and Gnocchi by Jonesin’ For A Taste
- Dragonfruit Lemonade by Magical Ingredients
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar 100g
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar 65g
- 1 Egg Large
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour 240g
- 1 pint Blue Berries
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1-3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- Cream softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy scraping sides of the bowl as needed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and powdered sugar and continue mixing.
- Gradually add vegetable oil a little at a time making sure it's fully combined before adding more
- Using a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, and Cream of Tartar and stir to combine.
- Add about ½ of the dry ingredients making sure they fully combine with butter mixture.
- Then add freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract to cookie dough.
- Add remaining dry ingredients until combined. Dough will soft. Hand stir in fresh blueberries. About half a pint. Use remaining blueberries to press on a couple on top of each cookie dough
- Using a medium cookie scoop place cookie dough 2 inches on greased baking sheet
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 7-9 minutes. Edges will turn golden when done. Do not over bake
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a minute or two before removing cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar with butter using a fork or pastry cutter.
- Add 1-3 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons zest. Mix ingredients to combine. Glaze should be thin and easily drizzle on cooled cookies.
- 2 count Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 2oz Almond Extract
- 4oz Natural Baker’s Extract
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- 8oz Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 25oz Organic Baking Cocoa
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Walnut Oil
- Regenerative Sunflower Oil
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- Fleur de Sel Almond Butter
Lemon Blueberry Cookies
How to Store Recipe for Lemon Blueberry CookiesBlueberry Lemon Cookies with a drizzle of Lemon glaze Icing can be stored in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Freeze. Store Cookies in a sealed container using parchment paper to separate layers and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen cookies on counter before serving.
Quick TipsThe recipe calls for Fresh Blueberries but frozen blueberries could also be used. Hand stir in frozen berries to cookie dough and bake. Line Baking sheets with parchment paper or grease with cookie spray
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #LemonWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Rodelle Prize Pack
Rodelle Prize Pack includes:
Prize #2: La Tourangelle Prize Pack
La Tourangelle Prize Pack includes:
Terms and conditions: This #LemonWeek is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle which starts 5/23/2022 and ends 6/3/2022 at 11:59pm ET. Enter to win a prize pack from Rodelle or La Tourangelle that include baking and cooking ingredients. This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years or older in the United States. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Two (2) winners will be selected and sent prize packages directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #LemonWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #LemonWeek posts or entry.