No Bake Avalanche Cookies made with Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chips, Almond Bark, and Rice Krispy Cereal. It's creamy, rich and such a fun No Bake Rice Krispie Cookies Recipe.
No-bake desserts are some of the best desserts. No turning on the oven and no complicated ingredients or steps.
This easy and delicious recipe for avalanche cookies is the ultimate no-bake cookie recipe. It's sweet, delicious, comes together in 15 minutes, and only requires 5 ingredients. Win!
Shopping List of Ingredients
Many of these ingredients are probably already in your pantry! This means you can enjoy an avalanche cookie at any time!
White Almond Bark: also known as white candy coating or candy melts. If you like, white chocolate can be used instead.
Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter is my favorite to use for this recipe but you can also use crunchy.
Rice Krispie Cereal: Gives great texture to your cookies.
Chocolate Chips: Mini chocolate chips are ideal in these cookies, but regular chocolate chips would work great too.
How to make Avalanche Cookies
Start by placing the chocolate chips and marshmallows in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. This is important so they don't melt when mixing with the other ingredients later.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
Chop the almond bark into small pieces and place it into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Then another 30 seconds and stir. Finish by microwaving for another 15 seconds then stir until smooth.
Stir the peanut butter into the melted almond bark until smooth. Then add in the Rice Krispies cereal and stir to coat. Let the mixture cool until lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
Carefully add chilled marshmallows and stir to combine, then add half of the chilled mini chocolate chips and stir.
Place 2 tablespoon size drops of the mixture onto the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips before the mixture hardens.
Cool completely until firm before serving.
Store no bake avalanche cookies in an air tight container for up to a week.
Work Quickly. Once the chilled marshmallows and chocolate chips are added to the mixture it will cool quickly. It's best to have all your ingredients ready before you start.
Don't Add Extra Cereal. It can be tempting at first glance to add extra Rice Krispie cereal, but trust me. Adding extra will result in hard dry no bake cookies.
Line Baking Sheet. You can use either parchment paper or a silicone liner to line your cookie sheet. It's easiest to remove the cookies from the silicone liner once they have cooled.
White Chocolate. Use white chocolate instead of white almond bark if you prefer.
Chocolate chips. You can use mini chips or regular chips in this recipe. Add extra! It's always fun to add a few extra chocolate chips to the top of each cookie. It looks nice and who doesn't love more chocolate?
If you love making no bake cookies try my Chewy Cornflake Cookies, or my Birds Nest Cookies. Both are a fun and easy no bake cookie recipe.
Store cookies in an airtight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature for up to a week. Cookies are best when enjoyed within 2 - 4 days.
There is no need to freeze these cookies. They will turn very hard.
Favorite Baking Supplies
- Kitchen Scale. I use this for accuracy in measuring and it's a life saver when it comes to consistent baking
- Wire Rack for cooling cookies. I like to have at least 2 cooling racks
- Mixing Bowls. A Large Mixing Bowl for mixing ingredients and small and medium mixing bowls for other ingredients
- Cookie Sheet. Most recipes will take 2 batches to bake. It's great to have multiple baking sheets available
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mat. Line Cookie Sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up and to prevent sticking.
- Cookie Scoop. A small #60 Cookie Scoop or a Medium Cookie Scoop #50 are great choices for uniform drops of cookie dough.
- Storage Container. An Airtight Container to store cookies or ZipLoc Bags work great too.
- Additional supplies. Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons along with silicone spatula are all helpful
More No Bake Cookies
- 16 ounces White Almond Bark melted
- ¾ Cup Peanut Butter Creamy
- 2 Cup Rice Krispie Cereal Chilled
- 1 ½ Cup Miniature Marshmallows Chilled
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips Divided
- Start by placing Chocolate Chips and Marshmallows in Freezer for atleast 30 minutes. This is very important so they don't melt when mixing ingredients together.
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchement paper or Silicone line. It's easiest to remove cooled cookies from a liner.
- Chop Almond Bark into small pieces and place in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving for 15 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Stir peanut butter into melted almond bark and stir until smooth.
- Add rice krispies cereal and stir to coat. Let mixture cool until lukewarm. About 10 minutes.
- Carefully add chilled marshmallows and stir to combine then add ½ cup of chilled mini chocolate chips and stir.
- Place 2 tablespoon size drops of the mixture onto a piece of parchement paper or a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocoalte chips before mixture hardens
- Cool completely until firm before serving.
- Store No Bake Avalanche Cookies in an airtight container for up to a week. Cookies are best if enjoyed within 2-4 days.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.