Melt in your mouth Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies made from a Vanilla Cake Mix. A quick and easy recipe that is so velvety smooth and delicious you will go back for more. Cake Batter Cookies are a favorite Cookie Recipe.
I was skeptical the first time I tried making these Cake Mix Cream Cheese Cookies. I was worried the dough just wouldn't work out well. But once I took that first bite, I knew I had to try this recipe with other flavors of cake mixes. Wow it was good.
White Cake Mix Cookies are so soft and tender, dusted with powdered sugar makes a perfect cookie. You will be shocked to realize there is cream cheese in the cookie dough.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix: Vanilla Cake Mix or French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Fats: Butter and Cream Cheese
- Eggs and Vanilla Extract
- Garnish: Powdered Sugar
How to make Cake Mix Cream Cheese Cookies
Always start with butter that is room temperature by allowing butter to sit on counter for 1 hour prior to making cookies. It's always best to allow egg to come to room temperature too.
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper, silicone liner or grease with cooking spray.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer cream softened butter and cream cheese together. Add egg and vanilla extract after butter and cream cheese have been whipped together.
Add dry box of cake mix and continue to mix together until fully combined. Dough will be sticky. Chill cookie dough for 30-45 minutes.
Using a small cookie scoop place scoops on baking sheet leaving 2 inches apart. This allows the cookie room to spread as it bakes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Edges will become a light golden color with the center set. I Do not recommend over baking.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes. Move cookies with a spatula to cooling rack and allow to fully cool.
Carefully dust warm cookies with powdered sugar as a garnish. I find that using a fine mesh sifter works nicely.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Cookies are best if enjoyed within 2-4 days. Freeze Cookies for up to 3 months.
When garnishing I use a fine sifter to dust cookies evenly. I would highly recommend you let your cookie dough rest in the refrigerator for that half hour. In the moment I know it can be hard to wait but it will be completely worth it.
Cake Mix: French Vanilla Cake Mix or Yellow Cake Mix Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines 15.25ounces
Extract: Almond Extract is a welcomed substitution.
More Cake Mix Recipe Ideas
How to Store and Freeze Cake Mix Cookies with Cream Cheese
Store cookies in an airtight container or ZipLoc bag for up to a week. Cookies are best enjoyed within 2-4 days. Place a piece of parchment paper between stacked layers.
Freeze Cookies in a sealed airtight container for up to 3 months. Separate layers with a sheet of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
More recipes with Cream Cheese
Baking and cooking with cream cheese is always delicious. Try on of our favorites, a Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake. It's wonderful served with sliced fresh berries and freshly whipped cream. Or try Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants. This is a wonderfully popular recipe to make for dinner.
Another favorite are these Cookie and Cream Brownies. The cream cheese is in the top and makes a truly delicious dessert.
Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Vanilla Cake Mix 15.25 ounces Cake Mix
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Egg Large; Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar Garnish
- Allow Butter, Cream Cheese and Egg to come to room temperature by sitting out on counter for 1 hour before making cookies.
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or use a Silicone Liner
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer or mix using a larger stand mixer cream softened butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla for 2-3 minutes. Mixture will be fluffy
- Add cake mix and mix until combined.
- Chill cookie dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator
- Use a small cookie scoop and place cookie dough on baking sheet leaving 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until edges of cookies are a light golden brown and center is set. Do not overbake.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a minute or two before moving to a wire cooling rack.
- Carefully dust cookies with powdered sugar as garnish. I use a fine sifter to dust cookies evenly.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container placing parchment paper between layers for up to 1 week. Cookies are best enjoyed within 2-4 days.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.