Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches are a fun and tasty Confetti Cookie Recipe. Made with a soft sugar cookie recipe that are absolutely delicious. Sugar Cookie Sandwiches are fun and everyone loves them.
Who loves sprinkles? Raise your hands! Sprinkles always make me happy. They are bright and colorful and add a little extra to so many fun treats.
Add as much or as little as you like. It's about the FUN in FUNfetti.
Making Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches is really pretty simple. I've got a few tips up my sleeve to share with you as well.
But I hope you enjoy these cookies like my darling granddaughter Little Miss. I think the brightly colored sprinkles are her favorite.
Shopping List for Funfetti Cookies with a cream filling
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose flour, Granulated Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Baking Soda and Cream of Tartar
Other Ingredients. Butter, Egg, and Vanilla Extract, Cream Cheese, and Milk.
and Sprinkles of course!
How to make Funfetti Sandwich Cookies
Gather the ingredients needed and weigh and measure. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray or use Parchment Paper.
In a large bowl with a hand mixer or use astand mixer cream together softened room temperature butter and sugar on medium speed until combined. Then cream mixture on a higher speed for 2-3 minutes making sure to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
Butter mixture will turn a very light yellow color the more it creams. Air pockets will be trapped in the mixture which will make these cookies so light and delicious.
Add Egg and vanilla extract and continue to cream until everything is throughly combined. Drizzle vegetable oil in a little at a time followed by confectioners sugar.
Scrape down sides of bowl multiple times and cream for another 2-3 minutes.
In a separate bowl combine all purpose flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Add flour mixture a little at a time until it's all added.
Hand stir rainbow sprinkles into cookie dough for a fun and tasty surprise.
Scoop the cookie dough using a small cookie scoop and tip the top of each cookie dough into remaining sprinkles. Place cookie dough on prepared sheet pans with a parchment paper 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a minute before moving to cooling racks or wire racks to cool completely.
New Cookies Recipe Newsletter
For all my NEW Cookie Recipe, join my FREE Newsletter for Fun Cookie Ideas and Delicious Recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Success! You have signed up for our email list. Our email list is used for sending out notifications, new recipes, tips and tricks for making delicious cookies and more!
Cookie Sandwich Filling
I love this Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. It's really quick and easy to make.
In a large bowl or stand mixer combine cream cheese and butter and mix together. It's important to scape down sides of bowl and mixture is creaming together so that everything is whipped nicely.
Add powdered sugar and mix fully. The Frosting will be very thick. To thin frosting add vanilla extract and slowly add milk a little at a time. I use about 1 tablespoon milk for a perfect thick cheesecake filling.
Place frosting into a piping bag with star tip or just snip the corner of the bag and pipe directly onto cookies. Top each frosted cookie with an additional cookie to make a sandwich.
Baking Pro Tips
Baking Sheets. Use Parchment Paper or spray with cooking spray so cookies don't stick on baking sheets.
Piping Bags. I find it quick and easy to use a piping bag with the corner snipped off for the frosting. It's easy to pipe onto cookies for a fun pattern.
Room Temperature Ingredients. It may sound silly but it really does matter. Using softened Butter and a room temperature egg will make this recipe even better!
Dough. There is no need to chill the dough for this recipe. The dough texture is creamed and soft and light. It will make perfectly soft sugar cookies.
Doneness. Cookies are done baking with the edges are set and the center is baked. They shouldn't have turned light golden brown yet either. I bake mine for exactly 7 minutes. But every oven heats a little differently so watch them and make a note for yourself.
Storage and Freezing
Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches are always best fresh. But these Frosting Sandwich Cookies can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Freeze funfetti cookie recipe for up to 3 months when properly sealed.
Family Favorite Cookie
Funfetti sandwich sprinkle cookies are just fun. My little granddaughter was mesmerized by all the fun and bright colors. She kept trying to pick out the sprinkles. I think the pink ones are her favorite.
Funfetti Cookie Sandwich
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar 100g
- ½ cup Butter softened
- 1 Egg Large; Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar 65g
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour 240g
- ¾ Cup Sprinkles Divided
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- ¼ Cup Butter Softened
- 4 Cup Powdered Sugar 520g
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-3 tablespoons Milk
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together softened butter and granulated sugar for 2-3 minutes making sure to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add Egg and vanilla extract and continue to cream until everything is throughly combined. Scrape down sides of bowl
- Drizzle vegetable oil in a little at a time followed by confectioners sugar.
- Allow mixture to cream another 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add flour and cream of tartar and baking soda a little at a time until it's all added.
- Hand stir in ½ Cup Sprinkles into cookie dough
- Scoop the dough using a small cookie scoop and roll tops of dough into remaining ¼ cup sprinkles
- Place cookie dough on prepared baking sheet with a parchment paper 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for 7-9 mins
- Cookies will turn a very light golden around edges. Do not over bake
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a minute before moving to cooling racks or wire racks to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine cream cheese and butter and mix together. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Add powdered sugar and mix. Frosting will be very thick.
- Add vanilla extract and combine. Slowly the frosting will thin down a little bit.
- Add milk a little at a time. I use about 1 tablespoon milk for a perfect thick cheesecake like filling.
- Using a piping bag or a ziploc bag snip corner off of bag and pipe frosting onto cookie. Top with a similar size cookie making a sandwich.
- Store sandwich cookies in refrigerator.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.