Funfetti Cookies a classic soft sugar cookie loaded with bright colored sprinkled. A favorite treat for young and old that makes everyone want to come back for more!
Cookies are soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. A cookie recipe that is so quick and easy to make has become a house favorite.
My go-to cookie recipe because I can make a variety of cookies from it, including Funfetti, Neapolitan, and Almond cookies.
Don't forget my cream filled cookies, who doesn't love a good cookie sandwich. I sure do.
The recipe is highly asked for by all the teenagers in the neighborhood who frequent my home often too. Kids always come looking for a delicious cookie recipe and I love to surprise them with a freezer full to choose from
This cookie recipe is perfect for parties or events because it is full of colorful confetti.
Ingredients for Funfetti Sugar Cookies
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose flour, Granulated Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Baking Soda and Cream of Tartar
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Egg, Vegetable Oil and Vanilla Extract
Additional Ingredients. Colorful Sprinkles
How to make Funfetti Cookies
Make sure to gather all the ingredients needed along with a few supplies that you might need.
You will want a mixing bowl, hand mixer or even a stand mixer. baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat and I love using a cookie scoop too.
Using room temperature salted butter and egg also helps make the perfect cookies and I highly recommend. Butter is softened when it sits out of the refrigerator for 1 hour.
When butter is too soft and turns to mush it should not be used. Feel free to use unsalted butter and then adding ¼ teaspoon salt if you prefer.
In a bowl cream together softened butter and sugar (white sugar). Cream for 2-3 minutes scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mixture will be light and fluffy.
Butter mixture will turn a light pale yellow color as it whips. Mix in eggs and Vanilla extract and continue to mix together.
Drizzle Vegetable Oil into the butter mixture and sprinkle powdered sugar into cookie dough and continue to combine.
Add remaining dry ingredients a little at a time until fully combined.
Hand stir Funfetti sprinkles into cookie dough.
Scoop cookie dough using a medium cookie scoop and placing on sheet pans 2 inches apart. Bake and then allow cookies to cool completely before storing in a sealed container.
Funfetti cookie recipe is easy enough to make and always a favorite confetti cookie recipe. Especially when made into a sugar cookie sandwich.
Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches
If you want to make a delicious Confetti Cookie Sandwich, check out my other recipe that includes the frosting.
You can choose a buttercream frosting made with powdered sugar. It's also fun to use Ice Cream for a summer time fun treat.
Room Temperature Ingredients. Using softened Butter and a room temperature egg will make the different when baking. Butter should be softened but not mush.
Baking Sheets. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silicone mat. Baking spray can also be used.
Ingredients. Weight and measure ingredients using a kitchen scale for consistent baking.
Cookie Scoop. Using a cookie scoop to make the same size cookie dough makes for consistent baking and uniform cookies.
Almond Extract can be substituted for Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste can be used.
Holiday sprinkles can be substituted for confetti sprinkles in this soft sugar cookies recipe.
What is Funfetti
Funfetti was made popular and reborn in 1989 when Pillsbury launched a white Cake loaded with colorful sprinkles. The flavor soon became very popular and loved by all.
Why are my Cookies Dry and Crumbly?
When it comes to baking it's always best to weight and measure ingredients properly. Dry and crumbly cookies are often a result of adding too much flour.
Make sure to use the spoon and level method of measuring ingredients when not using a kitchen scale.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram, and you can also find me on Facebook and YouTube.
What makes these cookies soft?
For me, this recipe is a great balance of fats and sugar combinations which truly makes this recipe on the of Best Cookie Recipes. Soft Funfetti sugar cookies are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
Can I make this Recipe for Funfetti Cookies in advance?
Yes, you can make the cookie dough in advance. Make cookie dough and scoop cookie dough balls. Freeze individual cookie dough balls in freezer for up to 3 months.
Or chill cookie dough in refrigerator overnight. Making sure to wrap cookie dough in plastic wrap. Allow dough to sit out for an hour before scooping into balls and baking.
More Cookie Sandwiches
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Sandwiches
- Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Sandwiches
- Red White and Blue Cookie Sandwiches
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar 100g
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg Large
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar 65g
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour 240g
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup Sprinkles Divided
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together softened butter and granulated sugar for 2-3 minutes making sure to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add Egg and vanilla extract and continue to cream until everything is throughly combined. Scrape down sides of bowl
- Drizzle vegetable oil in a little at a time followed by confectioners sugar.
- Allow mixture to cream another 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add flour and cream of tartar and baking soda a little at a time until it's all added
- Hand stir in ½ Cup Sprinkles into cookie dough
- Scoop the dough using a small cookie scoop and roll tops of dough into remaining ¼ cup sprinkles
- Place cookie dough on prepared baking sheet with a parchment paper 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for 7-9 mins
- Cookies will turn a very light golden around edges. Do not over bake
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a minute before moving to cooling racks or wire racks to cool completely.
- Store cookies in a sealed container for up to a week. Cookies best if enjoyed within 2-3 days.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.