These bite-size Mini M&M Cookies are a family favorite, especially for those little hands! Each Mini M&M cookie is made on a vanilla cookie base loaded with colorful mini M&M chocolate candies!
Mini M&M Cookies are the perfect after-school snack, best enjoyed with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee!
They're adorably tiny, and this recipe makes about 120 of them, so they're perfect for when you need treats for a crowd.
Make them with red, white, and blue mini M&M's for your 4th of July party, or use red and green M&M's for the holidays!
Think how fun Halloween will be with Goulash M&M's. EEK! I'm excited to give them a try.
They may be small, but they are mighty tasty, and they're always the first to go from my cookie tray.
If you love these mini cookies with mini candy pieces, you will also love my Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies which are Little Miss' favorite tiny cookie, Cosmic Brownie Cookies, and my Circus Animal Cookies!
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Vanilla Extract, Egg
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose Flour, Granulated White Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cornstarch, Salt
Chocolate. Mini M&M Chocolate Candies
Preperations for Baking
Preheat the oven to 350 F Degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat and set aside.
I like to use 2 baking sheets for ease in baking. It's not wise to put cool cookie dough on a hot baking pan as it can alter the baking time and process. So always use a cooled sheet.
Using 2 baking sheets allows the sheet to cool down before adding more cookie dough to it.
How to Make Mini M&M Cookies
Cut cold Butter into cubes, and cream together Butter and Granulated Sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. This will take about 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
Add Egg and Vanilla Extract, and cream until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula to include all ingredients together.
This will take an additional 2-3 minutes but a needed step for creating a delicious cookie.
Mix in Brown Sugar and continue to cream for 2-3 additional minutes. The buttery sugar mixture will go from clumpy to light and fluffy.
Gradually add the All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt to the butter mixture and mix until combined. You can combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl if you prefer and add the flour mixture to the creamed ingredients together.
Stir the mini M&Ms into the cookie dough.
Scoop the cookie dough into cookie dough balls using a #110 small cookie scoop and place them on a prepared baking sheet. Or use a teaspoon to measure cookie dough and roll it into balls.
TIP: Add extra mini chocolate candies to the top of the cookie dough balls before baking for extra chocolate goodness.
Bake cookies at 350 F Degrees for 6-7 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are starting to turn golden brown. Your cookies will still have soft centers when they're done. It is better to slightly underbake cookies than to overbake them.
Allow the freshly baked cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
When baking at a temperature of 350 degrees F or higher, regular M&Ms will not melt in the oven.
Yes! Make the cookie dough and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before making cookie dough balls and baking them.
Storage & Freezing
Storage: These mini cookies can be stored in a Ziploc bag or in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days, but they're best enjoyed within 3-4 days.
Freezing: Mini M&M Cookies can be stored in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and frozen for 2-3 months. Place parchment paper between each cookie to prevent them from sticking together.
Substitutions & Variations
- Use different candies. You can use any kind of mini, chopped, or crushed candy in these cookies. Try Reese's Pieces, leftover candy bars, different kinds of M&Ms, or baking chips to change the flavor of these cookies. Any kind of mini chocolate chips would work too!
- Add Sprinkles. Adding some themed sprinkles into the cookie dough along with M&M's is a great fun to way to add extra holiday cheer.
- Add crushed nuts. Add some crushed peanuts or pecans to these cookies for extra flavor and texture.
- Chocolate cookies. Add some cocoa powder to the cookie dough to give these cookies a chocolate cookie dough base.
- Colored cookies. Add a few drops of food coloring to change the color of these cookies to match your event or special occasion.
- Butter. If you only have unsalted butter, add a dash of salt to the cookie dough.
If you want to know how to get perfectly chewy cookies every time, below are my top tips!
When it comes to baking, precision is key. Even the slightest variation in the amount of ingredients can affect the outcome of the recipe. That's why it's important to measure dry ingredients accurately. Using a kitchen scale is the most accurate way to measure ingredients. If you don't have one, ensure you stir and lift the ingredients before scooping them into a measuring cup.
|All Purpose Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Bread Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Granulated Sugar||1 Cup||7 Ounces||200 Grams|
|Brown Sugar||1 Cup||7½ Ounces||213 Grams|
|Confectionary Sugar||1 Cup||4 Ounces||113 Grams|
Using a cookie scoop keeps each ball of cookie dough the same size, which is essential for ensuring even baking. This recipe will make about 120 mini cookies using a #110 small cookie scoop. You can make fewer but larger cookies with a larger cookie scoop if you wish.
Use an ungreased cookie sheet if you prefer. I like to use Parchment Paper to line baking sheets or a Silicone Mat for easy cleanup.
Every oven heats a little differently. For best results, I recommend doing a test batch of 1-3 cookies to test the baking time for a perfectly baked cookie before baking the remaining dough.
Cookies are perfectly baked when the edges are set and the centers are no longer glossy.
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Kitchen Scale. I use this for accuracy in measuring, and it's a lifesaver when it comes to consistent baking.
- Wire Rack for cooling cookies. I like to have at least two cooling racks.
- Mixing Bowls. A Large Mixing Bowl for mixing ingredients and small and medium mixing bowls for other ingredients.
- Cookie Sheet. Most recipes will take two batches to bake. It's great to have multiple baking sheets available.
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mat. Line the Cookie Sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking.
- Cookie Scoop. A small #60 Cookie Scoop or a Medium Cookie Scoop #50 are great choices for uniform drops of cookie dough.
- Storage Container. An Airtight Container to store cookies or a Ziploc Bag works great too.
- Additional supplies. Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons along with a silicone spatula, are all helpful.
To find out more, check out my Pro Tips Guide for making the best cookies every time!
Have you tried this Mini M&M Cookies recipe?
Let me know what you think of this recipe! Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media so I can see how great your cookies turned out! I would also love to read your comments below. Let me know what you think of these cookies. It really does help!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Jelly Bean Cookies
- Lucky Charms Cookies
- Root Beer Cookies
- Easy Reese's Pieces Cookies
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Easter M&M Cookies
- Monster Cookie Bars
Mini M&M Cookies
- ½ cup Butter Cold, Cut into Cubes
- ½ cup Brown Sugar 106g
- ¼ cup White Sugar 50g
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspooon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour 180g
- 1½ cups Mini M&M Chocolate Candies Plain or Holiday Colors
- Preheat the oven to 350 F Degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Cut cold Butter into cubes, then cream Butter and Granulated Sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. This will take about 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add the Egg and Vanilla Extract, and cream until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed to include all ingredients together.
- Mix in Brown Sugar and continue to cream for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Gradually add All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir mini M&Ms into the cookie dough.
- Scoop cookie dough into cookie dough balls using a #110 small cookie scoop. Or use a teaspoon to measure cookie dough and roll it into balls.
- TIP: Add additional mini chocolate candies on top of cookie dough before baking for extra chocolate goodness
- Bake at 350 F Degrees for 6-7 minutes, or until edges are set. Centers will still be soft.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storage: Keep these mini cookies can be stored in a Ziploc bag or in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days, but they're best enjoyed within 3-4 days.
- Freezing: Mini M&M Cookies can be stored in a freezer-safe container or freezer-bag and frozen for 2-3 months. Place parchment paper between each cookie to prevent them from sticking together.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.