Super soft Reeses Pieces Cookies are made with a peanut butter cookie base, and loaded with Reese's Pieces Chocolate Candies, Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Chips, and Roasted Peanuts! There is a delicious candy crunch in every bite!
Reese's Pieces Cookies are one of my favorites, and you know there is a LOT to choose from.
These delicious cookies are made with a Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix, which is really the not-so-secret in making these chewy cookies that are also fluffy while having lots of candy fillings!
They're also a favorite for my boys and Little Miss, who loves baking cookies with me too. She loves adding all the candy and seeing the pops of color in the cookies - and, of course, eating freshly baked cookies with a cup of cold milk!
Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies are every peanut butter lover's dream. Combining chewy peanut butter cookies with peanut butter candies is a match made in heaven - It just makes sense!
Ready in under an hour, this is a great recipe to have on hand for last-minute baking for potlucks, parties, or movie night snacks!
If you're looking for more peanut butter recipes, then you'll love these Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies, these Peanut Butter S'mores Sandwich Cookies, and Classic Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.
These cookies are made with simple ingredients you may already have at home. See the recipe card below for details and quantities.
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Vanilla Extract, Egg, Creamy Peanut Butter
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose Flour, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, Baking Soda, Salt
Filling. Reese's Pieces, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Chips, Roasted Peanuts (Optional)
How to Make Reeses Pieces Cookies
Using a large bowl or stand mixer combine Butter, Peanut Butter, Granulated White Sugar, and Brown Sugar, and cream for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure you're using all the ingredients.
Add Eggs and Vanilla Extract and continue to cream together until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and the Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix. Mix ingredients together.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little bit at a time making sure to combine everything together before adding more.
Add Reese's Pieces, chocolate chips, peanut chips, and peanuts into the cookie dough mixture.
Hand stir the candy in with a wooden spoon until combined.
Allow cookie dough to chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Scoop cookie dough using a #24 cookie scoop onto a well-greased cookie sheet or one that's lined with parchment paper.
This recipe will make a nice large cookie that is so soft to bite into, these cookies are just the best.
You can add a few more Reese's Pieces to the top of the cookie dough balls if you wish (you can also add them on once they're baked).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes.
The edges of the cookies will turn a light golden color and the center will be set when they are done.
Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Press a few more Reese's Pieces candies onto the tops of the cookies for decoration (optional).
Tip: I have used a #24 cookie scoop for the medium/large cookies, you can use a larger cookie scoop for larger cookies if you prefer (great for gifting!) just remember to adjust the baking time as necessary.
Storage & Freezing
Storage: Store cooled Reeses Pieces Cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Cookies are generally best if enjoyed within 2-3 days of being freshly baked.
Freezing: Cookies can be stored in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and frozen for up to 3 months. Place parchment paper between each cookie to prevent sticking.
Substitutions & Variations
- Candy. Use other kinds of candy like M&Ms, Mini Reese's Cups, Mini Hershey's Kisses, white chocolate chips, or milk chocolate chips for these cookies.
- Cookie Base. These cookies are made with a peanut butter cookie base, but you can use almost any cookie base for them. They are AMAZING with a chocolate cookie base, you can use my Brownie Box Cookies recipe as the base, or substitute a Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix for the vanilla pudding mix, and even add some Dutch Process Cocoa Powder for a Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese's Pieces Cookie variation.
- Peanut Butter. I have used smooth creamy Peanut Butter, but you can use a crunchy kind if you prefer. I wouldn't recommend using natural peanut butter in cookies, as it doesn't mix as well as the creamy kind.
- Peanut Butter Flavor. Omit the peanuts or peanut chips, or substitute butter for the peanut butter for a more subtle peanut flavor.
I know you are licking your lips, ready to dive into these cookies hot out of the oven, but let me share with you some pro tips so your cookies are as ooey gooey delicious as mine are.
I love to line my baking sheets with parchment paper. You can also spray pans with cooking spray or use a silicone liner. But I do love my parchment paper.
Learn how to measure ingredients properly, ideally with a kitchen scale. This is the best way to ensure you have uniform results each and every time.
|All Purpose Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Bread Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Granulated Sugar||1 Cup||7 Ounces||200 Grams|
|Brown Sugar||1 Cup||7½ Ounces||213 Grams|
|Confectionary Sugar||1 Cup||4 Ounces||113 Grams|
Using butter and eggs that are room temperature makes all the difference. During the creaming process, the butter and sugars will be cut allowing tiny air pockets to lift ingredients and make the cookies light and fluffy. Butter that is too soft turns to mush!
Reese's Pieces Candies pair perfectly with this soft peanut butter cookie recipe. Try adding a few chocolate chips into the batch for fun.
Always always always press a few extra chips or candies right on top of scooped cookie dough. It's for visual appeal mostly. But who doesn't love a cookie that is loaded with chocolatey goodness?
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Kitchen Scale. I use this for accuracy in measuring and it's a lifesaver when it comes to consistent baking
- Wire Rack for cooling cookies. I like to have at least 2 cooling racks
- Mixing Bowls. A Large Mixing Bowl for mixing ingredients and small and medium mixing bowls for other ingredients
- Cookie Sheet. Most recipes will take 2 batches to bake. It's great to have multiple baking sheets available
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mat. Line the Cookie Sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking.
- Cookie Scoop. A small #60 Cookie Scoop or a Medium Cookie Scoop #50 are great choices for uniform drops of cookie dough.
- Storage Container. An Airtight Container to store cookies or a Ziploc Bag works great too.
- Additional supplies. Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons along with a silicone spatula are all helpful too.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for using my links! See my Disclosure Policy here.
To find out more, check out my Pro Tips Guide for making the best cookies every time!
Have you tried this Reese's Pieces Cookie recipe?
Let me know what you thought of this easy cookie recipe! Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media so I can see how great your cookies turned out! I would also love to read your comments below. Let me know what you think of these cookies. It really does help!
More Delicious Easy Cookie Recipes
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies with Cranberries
- Spring Flower Cookies
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Frosted Swig Sugar Cookies
- Easy Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Reese's Pieces Cookies
- ½ cup Butter Softened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar 50g
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar 160g
- 2 Eggs Large
- 2¼ cups All Purpose Flour 270g
- Vanilla Pudding 3.4 Ounce Box Instant
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces of Candy
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Peanut Butter Chips
- ½ cup Roasted Peanuts
- Using a large mixing bowl or stand mixer combine Butter, Peanut Butter, Granulated White Sugar, and Brown Sugar, and cream for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla Extract and continue to cream together until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Instant Pudding Mix. Mix ingredients together
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little bit at a time making sure to combine everything together before adding more.
- Stir Reese's Pieces, chocolate chips, peanut chips, and peanuts into the cookie dough mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Allow cookie dough to chill for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop cookie dough using a #24 cookie scoop onto a well-greased cookie sheet or one that's lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes.
- Edges of cookies will turn a light golden color and the center will be set.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Press a few Reese's Pieces candies on top of hot cookies for decoration (optional).
- Store: Store cooled Reese's Pieces Cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Cookies are generally best if enjoyed within 2-3 days of being freshly baked.
- Freezing: Cookies can be stored in a sealed container and frozen for up to 3 months. Place parchment paper between each cookie to prevent sticking.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.