Sweet and full of cinnamon sugar, Snickerdoodle Bars are lick smacking good. The sweet soft cookie dough with a hint of cinnamon is topped with cinnamon sugar and baked to perfection. Cinnamon and Sugar Snickerdoodle Bar Recipe is a favorite cookie bar recipe.
When my boys were little they would call these Sugardoodle Bars. It always made me smile and I was happy to throw these bars together for them.
Bar Cookies and Cookie Cookies taste just the same, but I find I spend less time in the Kitchen
Mom win! With less time in the kitchen, there is more time to spend with the kids and family. So let me show you this very popular recipe and a fun twist on a classic cookie recipe.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bar Ingredients
- Fats: Softened Butter
- Dry Ingredients: All Purpose Flour, Granulated Sugar, Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar, Cinnamon
- Eggs and Vanilla Extract
How to make Snickerdoodle Bars
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees and make sure to use softened butter and eggs that are room temperature. I find allowing butter to sit on the counter with the eggs for 1 hour is plenty.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes. Scape sides of bowl as needed.
Add eggs one at a time and Vanilla Extract and continue to cream mixture together for an additional 2-3 minutes.
In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, and Cream of Tartar together and gradually add the flour and dry ingredients to butter mixture.
Spread cookie dough evenly in a well greased or parchment paper lined 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a separate small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon and mix together. Depending on how much cinnamon you like used 1 ½ teaspoons - 2 teaspoons to ½ cup granulated sugar.
Sprinkle mixture on top of cookie dough before baking.
Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Insert toothpick in center making sure center comes out clean.
Allow to completely cool before cutting.
Store cooled bars in a sealed container or ZipLoc bag for up to a week. Bar Cookies are best if consumed in 2-4 days.
Storing and Freezing
Store bar cookies in a sealed contained or ZipLoc bag for up to 1 week. Cookie Bars are best enjoyed within 2-4 days.
Freezing. Wrap bars in plastic wrap and then store in a sealed container or ZipLoc bag before freezing. Bars will stay fresh up to 3 months.
Pro Baking Tips
Always grease baking pan or use Parchment Paper. This helps with easy clean up and to lift cookie bar out of pan when baked.
Do not Over Bake. This recipe is a soft sugar cookie dough and is best when not over baked.
Love Cinnamon? Add ¼-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the cookie dough mixture. You can amp up the cinnamon flavor. YUM!
Cut Bars in 3 rows by 6 rows for 18 bars. Larger bars can be cut 3 rows by 5 rows.
Snickerdoodle Dessert Bars are always a welcomed treat for all ages and I do enjoy that this recipe bakes in 1 pan making my time in the kitchen less while still enjoying a soft bar cookie.
More Bar Cookie Recipes
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Cup Flour 360 grams
- 2 Cup Sugar 400 grams
- 2 Eggs Large; Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Sugar 100 grams
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon I use 1 ½ teaspoon to 2 teaspoon of cinnamon depending on how much cinnamon you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 9x13in baking dish using cooking spray or linking with parchment paper and set aside
- in a mixing bowl cream softened butter and sugar on medium to high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs on at a time with Vanilla extract and continue to cream for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Cream of Tartar to gether.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture a little at a time making sure ingredients are mixed together before ading more.
- Scape sides of bowl down as needed
- Spread cookie dough evenly in a 9x13 baking dish
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon for topping together. Depending on how much cinnamon you like used 1 ½ teaspoons - 2 teaspoons to ½ cup granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting.
- Store cooled bars in a sealed container or ZipLoc bag for up to a week. Bar Cookies are best if consuemed in 2-4 days.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.
Submit a Comment