Make me laugh with these fun Unicorn Poop Cookies topped with a tuft of fluff frosting and a fun rainbow variety of sprinkles on top. Unicorn Cookies are a fun and tasty soft sugar cookie and an easy recipe to make.
Colored Sugar Cookies make a fun Rainbow Unicorn Cookie. Topped with a delicious Buttercream Frosting. I've added Unicorn Sprinkle Mix to the cookie dough along with sprinkled on top for just the right amount of fun!
Have you thought about having Unicorn Birthday Cookies? Well, any quality Unicorn Party will have will have these colorful cookies. And I must say, the brightly colored purple cookie dough is a huge hit with all the Unicorn loving guests.
I'll be sure to include in my notes below the types of Food Color I used along with the Sprinkle Mix so you can make equally as cute and delicious soft sugar cookies as I have.
Sugar. Granulated Sugar and Powdered Sugar for added softness to the cookie
Fats. Softened Butter and Vegetable Oil
Egg and Vanilla. The egg gives lift and helps bind the ingredients together and the Vanilla adds richness of flavor too. But try adding Almond Extract. YUM!
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, and Cream of Tarter.
Powdered Sugar, Butter, Coconut Oil, Vanilla Extract and Whipping Cream
Sprinkles. Unicorn Mix Sprinkles
How to make Easy Unicorn Cookies
Gather the ingredients needed along with a few supplies like a large mixing bowl, hand mixer or a standing mixer, cooling rack, parchment paper, and of course baking sheets. I also love using cookie scoops. I've used a small cookie scoop in these photos but you could also make these cookies larger by using a medium cookie scoop.
Also it's a great idea to use a preheated oven when baking. So take a moment and get your oven set to 350 degrees.
In a bowl mix together butter and granulated sugar. Make sure to scrape down sides of bowl as needed so the ingredients can cream properly and whip nicely.
Beat in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined before drizzling vegetable oil into mixture. The mixture will be very thin at this point, go ahead and add powdered sugar and cream some more. The mixture will fluff up a bit.
In a separate bowl combine flour, cream of tarter and baking soda together. Then gradually add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture a little at a time. Scape down sides of bowl as needed.
Add a few drop of purple food coloring until desired color is reached. You can mix equal parts of red and blue food coloring to make purple if that is all you have.
I was recently introduced to Americolor gel colors and have fallen in love with the vibrant colors. WOW. They are so pretty and fun. A little goes a long way and so worth having.
Hand mix Unicorn Sprinkle mix into cookie dough. The mix is made up of miniature marshmallows, brightly colored sprinkles, colored chips, and more. But any fun and rainbow colored sprinkle mix will also work great!
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough balls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or use a cookie spray. Bake in a preheated over.
Allow cookies to cooking on cookie sheets for a couple minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
Unicorn Cookie Frosting
Making the frosting is fun. I call it add a tuft of fluff! A little Unicorn toot if you will. After cookies have cooled top each cookie with a little frosting and sprinkle with remaining sprinkle mix. All the details are included in the recipe card below.
Store cookies in a sealed container for up to a week but best if enjoyed within 2-3 days. And don't hesitate to freeze cookies for up to 3 months.
Unicorn Birthday Parties
Celebrate all things Rainbows and Unicorns for a Birthday Party to those who truly love unicorns and all their magic and fun.
These cookies would be so fun alongside a cake and other fun treats. I found some fun ideas on this site about Party Ideas you might enjoy too.
Other Great Sugar Cookie Recipes
This soft sugar cookie recipe is truly a favorite and for good reason. I've used this same recipe when making, Almond Cookies, Easy Watermelon Cookies, Red White and Blue Sandwich Cookies and even a traditional Sugar Cookie Bar with Pink Frosting
Unicorn Poop Cookies
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar 100g
- 1 Egg Large
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar 65g
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour 240g
- 2 Cup Unicorn Sprinkle Mix divided
- Purple Food Coloring Or use Red and Blue drop
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pink Food Coloring Or use a drop or two of Red coloring
- Allow Butter and egg to come to room temperature by setting it on the counter for 1 hour
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer cream butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes
- Drizzle Vegetable Oil into butter mixture and allow to fully combine before adding powdered sugar
- Cream for another 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and cream for 1 more minute
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Cream of Tartar, and Baking Soda adding a little at a time making sure to fully mix together before adding more.
- Hand mix Unicorn Sprinkle mix into cookie dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough balls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or use a cookie spray.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 7-9 minutes
- Allow cookies to cooking to cool on cookie sheets for a couple minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and coconut oil together scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add Powdered Sugar and mix using a hand mixer.
- Add Extract and whip. Add Heavy Whipping cream one Tablespoon at a time and only use enough to reach desired consistency
- Mix in food coloring and blend until you no longer see white streaks and frosting is all one color. Use as much or as little as you want to reach desired color.
- Using a piping bag, Spread frosting on cooled sugar cookie and immediately top with sprinkles