Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies are made with creamy peanut butter and cooked in the Air Fryer, making them perfectly crisp on the outside while being super soft and buttery on the inside.
So quick and easy to make, this recipe will get you hooked from your first batch!
Homemade peanut butter cookies are so delicious, and these ones take less than 5 minutes to cook. This is a great recipe to have on hand for a quick and easy sweet treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Peanut butter cookies are made with a handful of simple ingredients. They are just like the Traditional Peanut Butter Cookies, but made in the Air Fryer, taking less time to make with a guaranteed outer crisp!
Making cookies in the Air Fryer is so quick and easy, it's a great way to make sure you get a crispy edge that's crunchy while leaving the inside of the cookie chewy at the same time.
This recipe for Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies shows you how to cook refrigerated cookie dough in the air fryer for a super quick snack. You can also use the Air Fryer for other holiday sweet treats like Candied Pecans and Spiced Apple Crisp!
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Vanilla Extract, Egg, Peanut Butter
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose flour, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies in the Air Fryer
First, mix the Butter and Peanut Butter together in a large bowl. Next, add ½ cup of each of the sugars and cream it for 2-3 minutes. Add in the Egg and Vanilla and stir until fully combined.
In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder.
You then need to add this flour mixture into the large bowl with the other ingredients a bit at a time. Make sure the mixture is fully combined before adding more to it so you don't get pockets of flour or butter.
Next, scoop the cookie dough out of the bowl. Roll each scoop into the remaining sugar before placing them into an Air Fryer lined with Air Fryer parchment paper, for easy clean-up!
The scooping process is always easier using a cookie scoop, so I've opted for the medium cookie scoop size #50 for the best results with this recipe.
You now need to pat down your cookie dough into the cookie shape, using a fork to give it that signature crosshatch pattern on top.
Simply press down the dough ball with a work, rotate the fork by 90 degrees, and lightly press down again.
Preheat your air fryer to 340 degrees for just 5 minutes, then bake your first batch of cookies for 4-5 minutes. Cook them until the edges are nice and crispy, but not too brown.
Let the cookies have a rest time of around 2 minutes before moving them onto a cooling rack, and enjoy!
Absolutely! Baking cookies in the Air Fryer is so easy and simple, and it's a great energy saver if you only want small batches of cookies! I love traditional oven-baked cookies, but making cookies in the Air Fryer is very handy.
At times like the holidays when you're already using the oven for another dish and can't wait for it to be free, it's an easy way to get a great treat fast!
You can use aluminium foil in the Air Fryer, but doing this may brown the cookies at the bottom before the top is done. Instead, use Air Fryer parchment paper for an easy clean-up.
Storage: Store these peanut butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Cookies are best when enjoyed within 2-3 days after being freshly baked.
Freezer: Peanut butter cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months when stored correctly. Place them in a sealed container, plastic wrap, or freezer bag and then put them in the freezer. Put a piece of parchment paper between each cookie in a stack to prevent them from sticking together when you thaw them.
Freezing Cookie Dough
Don't tell my secret but I make cookie dough, press the criss cross markings and then freeze raw cookie dough in the freezer until firm. Then store in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
Frozen cookie dough will bake in the same time in a preheated Air Fryer. It's perfect for a hot cookie before bed too.
- Add chocolate chips into the mix to make peanut butter chocolate air fryer cookies!
- Use crunchy or creamy peanut butter to get the texture you prefer.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate on top of the cookie for some extra sweetness.
- Try some alternative nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter if you cannot eat peanuts, but I cannot guarantee the consistency and results will be the same.
- Serve the cookies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert.
What makes a good cookie? Does it have a soft center, crispy edges, and chewy? Each of these makes a great quality cookie. To make perfect cookies every time here are some pro tips.
Baking is a science and adding too much or too little of any of the ingredients will alter the recipe. Weighing and measuring dry ingredients properly makes a world of difference. Investing in a kitchen scale is ideal. When a kitchen scale is not available make sure to stir and lift ingredients before scooping them into a measuring cup.
|All Purpose Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Bread Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Granulated Sugar||1 Cup||7 Ounces||200 Grams|
|Brown Sugar||1 Cup||7½ Ounces||213 Grams|
|Confectionary Sugar||1 Cup||8 Ounces||130 Grams|
Using a cookie scoop keeps each ball of cookie dough the same size which is essential for baking. I have used a medium cookie scoop in these photos.
Every air fryer heats a little differently. I recommend doing a test batch of 1-3 cookies to test the cooking time for a perfectly baked cookie before baking the remaining dough.
Cookies are perfectly baked when edges are set and centers are no longer glossy.
Allow cookies to cool in the bottom of your air fryer for a minute or two before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookie recipe?
Let me know what you thought of this recipe! Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media so I can see how cute your creations are! I would also love to read your comments below. Let me know what you thought of these spooky cookies. It really does help!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter S'mores Cookies
- Mini Rainbow Sugar Cookies - Fresh April Flours
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cookies - For The Love Of Food
- Quaker Oats Cookies
- Starbucks Copycat Toffeedoodle Cookies
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup Butter Softened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar *Divided 150g
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour 150g
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- In a large mixing bowl combine softened Butter and Peanut Butter together.
- Add ½ cup Granulated Sugar with ½ cup Brown Sugar and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the Egg and Vanilla Extract and combine.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder. Gradually add dry ingredients a little bit at a time.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a medium cookie scoop size #50. Roll each scoop of cookie dough in the remaining Sugar.
- Using a fork, press down on each dough ball to make a crisscross pattern on top of the cookies.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 340 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Bake at 340 degrees for 4-5 minutes, or until the edges are crispy.
- Allow the cookies to sit in the Air Fryer basket for a couple of minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Easy Clean-Up: I use Air Fryer parchment paper at the bottom of my Air Fryer for an easy clean-up.
- Peanut Butter: Use crunchy or creamy peanut butter to get the texture you prefer.
- Storage: Store these peanut butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Cookies are best when enjoyed within 2-3 days after being freshly baked.
- Freezer: Peanut butter cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months when stored correctly. Place them in a sealed container, plastic wrap, or freezer bag and then put them in the freezer. Put a piece of parchment paper between each cookie in a stack to prevent them from sticking together when you thaw them.
Submit a Comment