An Oreo Cookie Lovers dream, bite into this Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and you will be in heaven. Made with soft and chewy homemade cookie dough with chocolate chips on the outside, there is a whole chocolatey Oreo cookie stuffed inside each one!
Let's be honest, there's never a time when Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies aren't a good idea. These big cookies are great for kids' birthday parties, potlucks, or bake sales for something easy but extra special for the dessert table. They're also perfect for movie night snacking or as a sweet treat to have with your afternoon coffee.
An easy recipe will take your homemade cookies to the next level, and they're so much fun to make! Stuffed cookies are so customizable, they're great for themed parties or for the holidays. Plus, they're ready in just 30 minutes!
Some of our other favorite themed cookies are these super fun Halloween Leftover Candy Cookies, these colorful Grinch Christmas Cookies and, of course, these creative Cadbury Easter Bird's Nest Cookies.
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Vanilla Extract, Egg
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose flour, Granulated White Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt
Chocolate. Oreo Cookies (any variety), Chocolate Chips (Your choice of Milk Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, and White Chocolate Chips)
How to Make Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making the Cookie Dough
Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees, and then make the chocolate chip cookie dough.
Cream together the Butter and Sugar for about 5 minutes to get it fully mixed with a smooth texture. You want to get rid of any lumps of butter or pockets of sugar. Remember to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed to get all the ingredients mixed in.
Next, add the Eggs and Vanilla Extract and mix them together. Add in the Brown Sugar and continue to cream the ingredients for an additional 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients including the All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt. Once mixed, gradually add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time to the butter mixture until it's all combined. Be careful not over-mix your ingredients.
Lastly, stir the chocolate chips into the cookie dough with a wooden spoon.
Making Stuffed Cookies
If this is your first time making stuffed cookies, this simple guide will become your best friend. At first glance, these stuffed cookies may seem difficult to make, but they're actually so easy!
Now that we have the cookie dough, we need to use it to make dough balls with which we will encase our Oreo cookies! For the best result, use a medium size cookie scoop. Scoop up 1 scoop of cookie dough, and place 1 Oreo cookie on top. Then put another scoop of cookie dough on top of the Oreo cookie.
With your hands, encase the whole Oreo cookie in the two chocolate chip cookie dough balls. Lightly press down on the dough around the Oreo to make sure it's fully covered. Then place it on a baking sheet, leaving 3 inches in between each one to allow them space to spread as they bake.
Bake your cookies in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. The cookies will be finished when the edges are set and lightly golden in color, and the centers are no longer glossy.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before putting them on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
The most popular type of cookie is, of course, the chocolate chip cookie. This Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe will take America's favorite cookie to the next level, and make a truly crowd-pleasing handy treat for your dessert table!
I have used original Oreo Cookies in this recipe, but you can use your favorite kind! The double-stuffed ones are so creamy and delicious, but you might need a little extra cookie dough to cover them as they are a little bigger.
Storage: Store these Oreo-stuffed cookies in an airtight container, or wrapped in plastic wrap, at room temperature for up to a week. Cookies are best when enjoyed within 2-3 days after being freshly baked.
Freezer: These Oreo chocolate chip cookies can be frozen by placing them in a sealed container or freezer bag and putting them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place parchment paper between each cookie in a stack to prevent them from sticking together.
- For a super quick version you can use premade cookie dough. Either homemade cookie dough that you have stored in the fridge or freezer, or shop-bought raw cookie dough, but make sure it is at room temperature before you use it to make your stuffed cookies.
- Use regular Oreos, or mix it up with Peanut Butter Oreos, Double Stuffed Oreos, Mint Oreos, Toffee Crunch Oreos... the list is virtually endless, just get creative for your event or the holidays, or just use your favorite!
- Top your Oreo-stuffed cookies with a swirl of frosting for an extra decadent treat.
- Serve these stuffed cookies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert.
What makes a good cookie? Does it have a soft center, crispy edges, and chewy? Each of these makes a great quality cookie. To make perfect cookies every time, here are some pro tips.
Baking is a science and adding too much or too little of any of the ingredients will alter the recipe. Weighing and measuring dry ingredients properly makes a world of difference. Investing in a kitchen scale is ideal. When a kitchen scale is not available, make sure to stir and lift ingredients before scooping them into a measuring cup.
Using a cookie scoop keeps each ball of cookie dough the same size which is essential for baking. I have used a medium cookie scoop in these photos.
Baking sheets can be ungreased. I like to use Parchment Paper liners or a Silicone Mat for easy cleanup.
Every oven heats a little differently. I recommend doing a test batch of 1-3 cookies to test the baking time for a perfectly baked cookie before baking the remaining dough. Cookies are perfectly baked when the edges are set and the centers are no longer glossy.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Have you tried these Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Let me know what you thought of this recipe! Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media so I can see how cute your creations are! I would also love to read your comments below. Let me know what you thought of these spooky cookies. It really does help!
More Chocolatey Recipes
- Oreo Sugar Cookies
- Cadbury Egg Cookies from Devour Dinner
- S'mores On A Stick from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies With Spice Cake Mix
- White Chocolate Cookies With Macadamia Nuts
- No Bake Witches Hat Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Brownie Mix
- Dessert Charcuterie Board from Devour Dinner
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 ⅓ cup Butter Softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar 200g
- 1 ⅓ cup Brown Sugar 285g
- 2 Egg Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour 450g
- 2 bags Chocolate Chip Milk, Semi Sweet, White
- 32 Oreo Cookies Any Variety
Making the Cookie Dough
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together Butter and Granulated Sugar for 5 minutes scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla Extract and mix together.
- Add Brown Sugar and continue to cream ingredients for an additional 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt. Gradually add dry ingredients a little at a time to the butter mixture until combined. Do not over-mix ingredients.
- Hand mix and stir chocolate chips into cookie dough.
Making Stuffed Cookies
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, scoop 1 scoop of cookie dough.
- Place 1 Oreo cookie on top of the cookie scoop and top with 1 additional scoop of cookie dough.
- With your hands, encase the Oreo cookie in chocolate chip cookie dough making sure it's fully covered. Place it on a baking sheet 3 inches apart from the next one to allow for spreading as they bake.
- Bake Cookies in preheated 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes. Cookies are done baking when the edges are set and lightly golden. Centers will no longer be glossy and lightly golden
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Storage: Store these Oreo-stuffed cookies in an airtight container, or wrapped in plastic wrap, at room temperature for up to a week. Cookies are best when enjoyed within 2-3 days after being freshly baked.
- Freezer: These Oreo chocolate chip cookies can be frozen by placing them in a sealed container or freezer bag and putting them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place parchment paper between each cookie in a stack to prevent them from sticking together.
- Customize: This recipe will work fine with any variety of Oreos you use!
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.