Fall is in the air with these soft and delicious Spice Cake Mix Pumpkin Cookies. An easy recipe that uses a cake mix and only 2 other ingredients. For added fun and taste make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with Spice Cake Mix. You will thank me later.
Cake mix cookies are always a great cookie recipe. Feel free to use any flavor of cake mix from Yellow Cake Mix to Vanilla Cake Mix. I do prefer using a Spice Cake Mix as it pairs so nicely with the fall flavors and pumpkin if you ask me.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are a soft and fluffy cookie recipe. Adding chocolate chips is purely optional but does add a tasty treat. And if you think a semi sweet chocolate chip is good, try adding white chocolate chips or a combination of both. Delish!
Shopping List for Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies
Dry Ingredients. Spice Cake Mix
Wet Ingredients. Pumpkin Puree
Other Ingredients. Chocolate Chips
How to make Pumpkin Spice Cookies from a Spice Cake Mix
This recipe uses 3 simple ingredients. It's pretty simple. You will also need a few kitchen supplies like a mixing bowl, cookie sheet, wire rack, hand mixer, and a large spoon.
In a large bowl combine box of spice cake mix with pumpkin puree. Using a hand mixer or a large spoon mix ingredients together until combined. Hand stir Chocolate Chips into cookie dough.
The dough may feel a little sticky. Allow cookie dough to chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before scooping cookie dough.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use a silicone mat. Place cookie dough 2 inches apart.
Remaining chocolate chips can be pressed on the top of cookie dough balls for added chocolate taste.
Bake in a preheated oven. Do not over bake these cake-like cookie.
Cookies are done when edges are set. Center of pumpkin cookies will be light and fluffy. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Moist pumpkin cookie recipe is a real treat and this is a really great recipe to try this holiday season.
Baking Sheet. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or use silicone baking mat for easy clean up. Or use an ungreased cookie sheet to bake cookies.
Cake Mix Brand. Use a quality cake mix brand. Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker
Cookie Scoop. Using a cookie scoop to make uniform cookie sizes help for even baking of all cookies.
Cake Mix. Use a Vanilla Cake Mix or Yellow Cake Mix and add ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to cake mix
Chocolate Chips. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips pair nicely or try a combination of White Chocolate Chips and Semi Sweet. It's delicious.
When fall season hits and the temperatures cool down I'm always in the mood for a sweet treat and delicious cookies. This simple recipe is a perfect way to use a can of pumpkin puree and make easy pumpkin cookies.
Cake Mix Cookies are always a real treat. It's an easy recipe and perfect to get the kids into the kitchen to help too. In a matter of minutes the cookie dough is ready to scoop and place on baking sheets for baking.
Make sure to leave a comment below and tell me how you enjoyed these soft pumpkin cookies. And make sure to tag @bestcookierecipes on social media too. I love to see your photos.
Storage and Freezing
Cake mix cookies should be stored in an airtight container. I also like to use a ZipLoc bag where I can remove as much air as possible to keep cookies soft and fresh. Cookies are best if enjoyed within 2-3 days but will last up to a week.
Freeze Cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Place a piece of wax paper or parchment paper between layers to prevent cookies from sticking to each other. Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are more cake like than other cake mix cookies giving a nice soft texture.
More New Recipes and Easy Recipes
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Monday #FallFlavor Recipes
- Apple Cider Mule from Art of Natural Living
- Caramel Apple Sangria from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Jack Rose Cocktail from Books n' Cooks
Salads, Soups, and Sides
- Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chipotle Butternut Squash Mash from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Cider Baked Squash from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from Blogghetti
- Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin with Fig Preserves from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy French Onion Chicken Recipe from Family Around The Table
- Maple Bacon Smoked Sausage from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp from Devour Dinner
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls from An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Maple Syrup Pancake Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Rabdi from Magical Ingredients
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from Jen Around the World
Spice Cake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix 15.25ounces
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree 15 ounces
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips *Divided
- In a large bowl combine box of spice cake mix with pumpkin puree.
- Use a hand mixer or a large spoon
- Stir 1 Cup Chocolate Chips into cookie dough
- Using a medium size cookie scoop place cookie dough on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place dough at least 2 inches apart for baking.
- Press additional chocolate chips into cookie dough before baking for added chocolate chip flavor.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a minute or two before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.