Picture fun Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies used as place settings for your Thanksgiving celebration. Nutter Butter Turkeys are a fun treat for the holiday season and I just love how cute they are.
Turkey feathers made from Candy Corn candy, this easy recipe is a crowd pleaser and a cute treats idea the entire family can help make. I can't wait to make these with my young Grand Daughter. Won't that be fun!
Take them to a Holiday Cookie Exchanges or use them to make Turkey Cupcakes, these Nutter Butter Cookie Turkeys are just fun to make and eat.
No Bake Cookies are made with only a few simple ingredients and held together with melted chocolate. Use chocolate wafers or chocolate chips with peanut butter sandwich cookies to make Turkey Nutter Butter Cookies.
Cookies: Nutter Butter Cookies and Fudge Stripe Cookies
Candies: Mini Candy Eyes, Yellow or Orange M&M Candy, Candy Corn Candies
How to make Turkey Cookies
Making Nutter Butter Turkeys is so fun. Gab the kids and teens and let them help. The memories are priceless.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or use a silicone baking mat. The purpose is to easily lift cookies after chocolate has harden and for easy clean up. Gather the rest of the ingredients needed. I like to use a small bowl to put the candy eyes and M&M's in and other small turkey ingredients.
The tail feathers are made with Candy Corn Candy. The traditional Yellow, Orange and White candies are perfect to use. Or try Fall Harvest Corn as a fun substitution for turkey feathers.
Nutter Butter Cookies are a peanut butter cookie sandwich in the shape of a peanut. The shape is ideal when making Turkey cookies. You can also use a Milano Cookie which is a tasty option.
Optional Standing Turkey
To go a little further you can easily make a standing Turkey with an additional fudge stripe cookie and melted chocolate. Adding yellow mini chocolate chips for the feet is a fun added touch.
Pipe chocolate around the hole of the Fudge Strop Cookie and place Turkey on top. Turkey needs to be fully set before adding base.
Prop turkey up to allow chocolate to harden and set into place.
Step by Step Tips
Melt chocolate chips or chocolate wafer candy in the microwave using a small bowl. Heat for 30 second intervals and then stir. Heat for 15 second increments and stir chocolate until smooth. If additional time is needed to melt chocolate add 15 more seconds and stir.
Spread melted chocolate on Nutter Butter cookie and press onto back of fudge stripe cookie as shown below. The melted chocolate will act as glue holding ingredients together as it cools. Place on baking sheet.
Fudge Stripe Cookie will hold tail feathers made of candy corn and the Nutter Butter cookie is the turkey body. Add melted chocolate to 5 pieces of candy corn candies and place on Fudge Strip Cookies creating a fan of color.
Using drops of chocolate stick on candy eyes and M&M for a turkey beak. Add some red frosting as the Turkey waddle for a finishing touch.
For the full recipe with ingredients and directions see recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Chocolate. Adding small dabs of chocolate on the backs of the candy eyes act as glue and will stick to the cookie.
Frosting. Use Store-bought frosting to make waddle. Purchase in tube to apply easily or use a red candy
Substitutions. Use Mini Chocolate Chips in place of Candy Eyes. Try an Orange M&M for the Beak.
Milano Cookies are a great substitution for Nutter Butter Cookies. Red Licorice can be used for a waddle.
Turkey Feet. Mini M&M candies can be placed on bottom of nutter butter cookie as turkey feet. Optional and adorable.
Store Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies in an airtight container or large ZipLoc bag. Place parchment paper or wax paper between layers to prevent sticking. Cookies can be stored at room temperature up to a week.
Making No Bake Thanksgiving Treats are fun to serve at Thanksgiving Dinner or with the Thanksgiving Table. It's also a wonderful Thanksgiving Crafts to keep all the kids, both big and small, entertained while dinner is cooking.
They would such a cute idea to use as place settings. Make at a school party as fall treats and let the kids take them home to enjoy. A sweet treat for a perfect time of year.
Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Of course if you are looking for more Thanksgiving Desserts I've got delicious Pecan Pie Bars that are truly a favorite or Pie Crust Cookies. We also love making Caramel Apple Nachos with sliced up caramel apples.
Have you made these Easy Turkey Cookies? Make sure to Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media. I love to see your photos. Make sure to leave me a comment below and rate this recipe. I sure appreciate it!
Nutter Butter Cookie Treats
Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies
- 12 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 12 Fudge Striped Cookies Plus 12 Fudge Striped Cookies for Standing Turkey Cookies
- 60 Candy Corn Cookies
- 24 Candy Eyeballs
- 12 M&M Candies Orange or Yellow for Beak
- 48 Mini M&M Candies Orange or Yellow for Feet (Standing Turkey Cookies only)
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips Melted
Basic Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies
- Place Nutter Butter Cookies on baking Sheet
- Melt Chocolate Chips in microwaveable safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir chips and melt for an additional 30 seconds. Stir. If more time is needed heat for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat until smooth
- Place melted chocolate in piping bag or zip log back. Snip small corner off bag to pipe on cookies
- Add melted chocolate to backside of Fudge Stripe Cookie on top portion and place 5 candy corn cookies in place.
- Add chocolate that covers tips of candy corn candies and bottom center with chocolate and glue Nutter Butter Cookie in place.
- Carefully add chocolate on Nutter Butter Cookie for Candy eyes
- Adding a small dab of melted chocolate to M&M Candy and place between eyes for Turkey beak
- Allow chocolate to cool and harden. It will hold everything into place
Standing Turkey Cookies
- Follow above directions to make flat turkey cookies and allow to harden
- Place Fudge Stripe cookie on cutting board or cookie sheet. Add chocolate around center hole and place Nutter Butter Turkey on top. Prop cookie in place while chocolate hardens and sets
- Add chocolate to base of turkey and add mini chocolate chips as feet.
- Allow cookies to fully set before moving.