This Sprinkle Sugar Cookie recipe can be made with any kind of sprinkle, whether it's your favorite color, or if they're themed for a holiday, school event, or other special occasion. These cookies are buttery and soft, made with Vanilla Pudding and they're always a hit!
Made with simple ingredients, these fun sugar cookies have extra sprinkles for a super cute and loveable snack!
I've made these chewy sugar cookies with red, pink, and white love heart sprinkles because Valentine's Day is almost here and I've got a lotta cookie love to share with you all!
This recipe is so easy, and it's pretty foolproof. I've used a box of Instant Vanilla Pudding, and it's one of those tricks you want to hold on to.
Pudding mixes are a great way to make your cookies soft and chewy, and what's also great is that you can switch up the flavor of pudding to change the flavor of your cookies!
I use a pudding mix in my Pistachio Pudding Cookies with White Chocolate Chips and my Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pudding.
Pudding mixes are also great for making "fillings" for cookies. I have this mini cookie pie series that does this. Check out my Boston Cream Pie Cookies, Peppermint Pie Cookies, these Eggnog Pie Sugar Cookies, and Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies.
For more easy colorful cookie recipes, have a look at my Pink Sugar Cookie Bars, these No Bake Church Window Cookies, and my amazing Unicorn Cookies too!
Wet Ingredients. Butter, Vanilla Extract, Egg
Dry Ingredients. All Purpose Flour, Granulated Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
Candy. Colorful Love Heart Sprinkles (or sprinkles of your choice)
How to Make Sprinkle Sugar Cookies with Pudding
Cream together softened Butter and Granulated Sugar scraping sides of the bowl as needed and allowing the mixture to cream together for 2-3 minutes until it is a pale yellow color, and light and fluffy.
Add Eggs and Vanilla Extract to the butter mixture and cream. Cream until fully combined. The mixture will be airy and light in color.
Gradually add dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Vanilla Instant Pudding to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
Cookie dough will be very soft but should not be overly sticky.
Hand stir ¼ cup Sprinkles into the cookie dough with a rubber spatula.
Chill cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 F Degrees and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Scoop Cookie dough using #24 cookie scoop and add extra sprinkles tops of dough from the remaining ¼ cup sprinkles. Place cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, allowing at least 2 inches between each one.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are set and the center is no longer glossy.
Storage & Freezing
Storage: Store baked cookies once they have completely cooled to room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days on the counter. Cookies are generally best if enjoyed within 2-3 days though. If you don't think you'll finish the whole batch in 1 week, you can refrigerate the cookie dough and make another fresh batch within 7 days which will last a further 7 days.
Freezing: You can store sugar cookies in a sealed container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Make sure you place parchment paper between each cookie or wrap each cookie in plastic wrap, to prevent them from sticking together when they defrost. You can also freeze the cookie dough to bake it at a later date.
Substitutions & Variations
- Sprinkles. Use any type of sprinkles that will suit your occasion. Halloween sprinkles for Halloween cookies, rainbow sprinkles for Funfetti cookies for a birthday party, or use blue sprinkles for a gender reveal at a baby shower!
- Butter. I use salted butter in my recipes, but if you use unsalted butter be sure to add another ¼ teaspoon of Salt to compensate.
- Chocolate Chips. Add chocolate chips of any variety to this recipe for added sweetness.
- Extract. Use Almond Extract instead of Vanilla Extract for a subtle almond flavor.
- Nuts. Add crushed nuts into the cookie dough, or sprinkle them on top of the cookies before baking for a nutty flavor and crunchy texture.
What makes a good cookie? Does it have a soft center and crispy edges, and is it chewy? Each of these makes a great quality cookie. To make perfect cookies every time here are some pro tips.
To find out more, check out my Pro Tips Guide for making the best cookies every time!
Baking is a science and adding too much or too little of any of the ingredients will alter the recipe. Weighing and measuring dry ingredients properly makes a world of difference. Investing in a kitchen scale is ideal. When a kitchen scale is not available, make sure to stir and lift ingredients before scooping them into a measuring cup.
|All Purpose Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Bread Flour||1 Cup||4½ Ounces||120 Grams|
|Granulated Sugar||1 Cup||7 Ounces||200 Grams|
|Brown Sugar||1 Cup||7½ Ounces||213 Grams|
|Confectionary Sugar||1 Cup||8 Ounces||130 Grams|
Cookie Scoops come in all sizes. Cookies made from smaller cookie scoops will need less baking time than larger cookies.
You can use an ungreased cookie sheet if you prefer. I like to use Parchment Paper to line baking sheets or a Silicone Mat for easy cleanup.
Bake a test batch of just one or two cookies to see how cookies bake in your oven. Each oven heats differently. Baking times are suggestions to follow.
Cookies continue to bake even after being removed from the oven while sitting on the hot baking sheet. Removing cookies when they are almost baked and allowing to finish baking on the hot cookie sheet will yield nice soft cookies.
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Kitchen Scale. I use this for accuracy in measuring and it's a lifesaver when it comes to consistent baking
- Wire Rack for cooling cookies. I like to have at least 2 cooling racks
- Mixing Bowls. A Large Mixing Bowl for mixing ingredients and small and medium mixing bowls for other ingredients
- Cookie Sheet. Most recipes will take 2 batches to bake. It's great to have multiple baking sheets available
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mat. Line the Cookie Sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking.
- Cookie Scoop. A small #60 Cookie Scoop or a Medium Cookie Scoop #50 are great choices for uniform drops of cookie dough.
- Storage Container. An Airtight Container to store cookies or a Ziploc Bag works great too.
- Additional supplies. Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons along with a silicone spatula are all helpful.
Have you tried this Sprinkle Sugar Cookie recipe?
Let me know what you thought of this recipe! Tag @bestcookierecipes on social media so I can see how great your cookies turned out! I would also love to read your comments below. Let me know what you think of these cookies. It really does help!
More Colorful Cookie Recipes
- Classic Funfetti Cookie Recipe
- Love Bug Sugar Cookies
- Root Beer Candy Cookies
- Air Fryer Love Sugar Cookies
- Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches
- Swig Sugar Cookies with Pink Frosting
- Strawberry Sugar Cookies
Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar 200g
- 2¼ cups All Purpose Flour 270g
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 box Vanilla Pudding 3.4oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
- ½ cup Colorful Sprinkles
- Cream together softened Butter and Granulated Sugar scraping sides of the bowl as needed and allowing the mixture to cream together for 2-3 minutes until it is a pale yellow color, and light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla Extract to the butter mixture and cream. Cream until fully combined. The mixture will be airy and light in color.
- Gradually add dry ingredients of All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Vanilla Instant Pudding to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Cookie dough will be very soft but should not be overly sticky.
- Hand stir in ¼ cup Sprinkles into cookie dough with a rubber spatula.
- Chill cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F Degrees and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Scoop Cookie dough using #24 cookie scoop and add extra sprinkles tops of dough from the remaining ¼ cup sprinkles. Place cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, allowing at least 2 inches between each one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are set and the center is no longer glossy.
Submit a Comment